translate

Tuesday 3 March 2015

BIRTHDAY BALLOONS BY FIONA CUMMINGS


BIRTHDAY BALLOONS

BY FIONA CUMMINGS

Beautiful colours in the sky

Where had they come from

I asked myself why?

Orange, greens, blues and reds

With ribbons floating behind like threads

Against the turquoise and pure white clouds

Passing by the buildings and crowds

Just missing the treetops

Look at them like lollypops

Round and colourful

Absolutely beautiful

Being chased by ribbons

Like a party for sparrows and robins

Where had they come from who’s house had they escaped

Where would they land?

On a fence will they be draped?

I wanted to follow them to try to catch up

But the faster I ran the more they flew away

I wished they could hear me I would shout stop

 Who did they belong to?

Who had a birthday?

If they could smile

They would with pride

How far had they travelled

Perhaps a mile?

Or even more

Were they tied to a post or a door?

Did the person see them before they took off?

Flying higher and higher

The sun they did desire

Out of sight now

To find them how?

Over fields of green pastures

And cold rivers

But they will have to descend

Their escape will come to an end

It was just a pretty sight

As the balloons took their flight

Colours so amazing

Against the sun a blazing  

Put a smile upon my face

But they came and left without a trace

Like a bouquet of flowers

Or candy showers

To brighten up my day

Well whoever they belonged to

I wish them a happy birthday

 

My Sons birthday balloons

Copyright Fiona Cummings 2015

No comments: