translate

Tuesday 3 March 2015

HAPPY 18TH SON


Good day Bloggets.

Really bad eye pains today. Both eyes. But I can cope with it, I have to. What choice do I have? I was up all night sorting out things for Teens birthday. I blew up the balloons, all twelve of them, put them on a ribbon and hid them until seven this morning then went out to hang them up as it was raining hard last night so I didn’t want them to deflate with bad weather as it was also windy.

 

I wrote his card, hoping not to write over the writing. It had been a difficult day. So much going on that my hands were trembling. So I really hoped the writing could be understood, as I need to do more of hand writing as I’m getting out of it and I am starting to forget how letters should be as I also write in cursive handwriting.

 

Then time to wrap his gifts. So much I wished that I could make his day more special. But at the same time, he respects everything he’s not a brat, though hangs around a big, no, giant brat who was starting to influence him. Thankfully he is still feet on ground.

 

I printed off some poems I had written for him too.

 

He appreciates such things, when people actually think enough to do little things.

 

I got up this morning and started to cook him a big breakfast. I can tell you the last time I did this was for his last birthday, oh and Hubs of course. So I made him hash browns tomatoes, sausages bacon, mushrooms eggs and toast. He loved it and we opened his gifts together. My brother and sister in law kindly gave him a cheque as well as my friend Vivi and money from Julie and from my friend Trix, a voucher for a clothes shop, and he always needs those. My wonderful mad aunt got him a mug with great words on about being eighteen and it reads Nephew. Also a cheque. So he did very well.

 

Now bless him he is getting ready for work again. Six hours. Then at eight tonight, he will I hope enjoy the birthday supper we have planned for him.

 

As we were chatting he watched his blooming balloons disappear across the rooftops over the road. Oh I said, go and chase them? He laughed and said Mum no way, I would never find them. So in someone’s garden, there are a dozen balloons reading 18 on them. Knowing me with a happy Christmas ribbon tied to them.

 

He was able to read the card I wrote too so that was good news.

 

I’m excited for tonight to see his reaction to his supper and then another year has passed. I hope for next year, so much more happiness for him than he has had for the past couple of years. Oh and one more nice thing for him, his friends have kindly organised a get together. Bless them.

 

I only wish now I had put a message in the balloons, hehehe or a note tied to the ribbon. Imagine that? Oh Already in my head is a story.

 

My little dog Waggatail wasn’t enjoying the fact that she was not getting the attention as Teen was opening his gifts so she decided to drag her bed in the living room to show off and it worked, as she was so cute. I just felt compelled to pick her up on my knee and cuddle her. She is such a baby.

 

 I will be back later but before I go

"A birthday is a time to reflect on the year gone by, but to also set your goals for the upcoming year."
Catherine Pulsifer

"Why is a birthday cake the only food you can blow on and spit on and everybody rushes to get a piece?"
Bobby Kelton

If we had one wish for you on this special day it would be: May the best of your past be the worst of your future.

"A birthday is just the first day of another 365-day journey around the sun. Enjoy the trip!"  

No comments: