translate

Tuesday 17 March 2015

DIARY FOR TODAY. JUST SHOWS YOU NEVER KNOW AND TRUST YOUR OWN MIND


 Well, I’m rather glad I didn’t take any notice of my Darling Husband when he told me not to publish what I wrote when I was bored out of my mind! Hahahaha. Really I am overwhelmed by your response to my last blog.  I am now convinced I write my best when I am doolalli tap!

 

Oh our canary, Irish, great as its St Patricks day is singing waving his little flag. I can hardly hear again. I really should type in the conservatory or the broom cupboard. Sorry, the office.

 

I never did get it finished. There is just too much to do and Hub said if we clear it out it will mean getting rid of all of the furniture and you know what a hawder I am?

 

I would love one of those TV programs to come and say this that and the other are gone. Here are new. So modern. But then I would miss my beautiful solid pine bookshelf which played host to my Sons books all of course unread. As I couldn’t read to him and because of this he hated reading. To read also meant concentrating for more than ten minutes. Oh how I used to worry about his eyesight because he hated reading so much. As did I as a child as my eyes used to sting.  Because RP is a condition where you only see a pin prick at a time, I would see part of a letter only so by the time I would work my way around the letters and end just one line, my eyes were stinging and dry. By the time I finished a page, I had forgotten what had happened at the top. Haha.

 

I tell you when it came to my English exam at college, that was an almighty challenge but I did it and I am so proud of that. Hub tries to get me to do a degree in English, but really my days of studying are limited to what I sometimes write on here.

 

Oh it could only happen to me. So, I have waited all week for a delivery for my Husband who is going through a midlife crisis. Really with his diet and weight loss and his fitness regime. He started off twenty minutes in our state of the art gymnasium.

Okay, garage.

 

Now we are doing an hour and a half. I don’t see him. Well, he has now ordered a rowing machine. Oh my word. I tell you, if he comes home on the back of a Harley Davidson, sporting a leather jacket, I’m out of here.

 

So now the building of this machine that had to be wheeled down our drive. Oh heck. It’s enormous. My Son is off to the gym now; I told him if we keep going we will be able to have his friends here for their fitness.

 

As for the delivery man. Oh why me? It happens every time.

 

So as he spoke from his van, I heard his voice so was able to follow it with my dodgy lamps. And then asked him to put it in the garage. He politely answered yes.

 

I opened the garage door without tripping mind you, the distance between our door and the garage is about half a meter. Haahaha. But it has been known before for me to do my length. Hit the key right in the correct place first time, no blind fumbling. Oh I was so proud. Heheh. Opened the door remembered to push it all the way or I may have had a headless delivery man on my hands.

 

Well, all going fine until the signature.

 

I had to tell him I couldn’t see. He had to tell me he couldn’t speak English, oh we were there a while.

 

Anyway he was a lovely man, and whatever language he was talking in, we got there in the end. And the van drove off leaving me with a monster in the garage. Teen going to the gym and then going to try to construct it before work. If he can’t I guess it will be up to Hub and myself. Yep, I can see us doing that, we have done bigger things than that.

 

It’s sunny and warm. I’m stuck in the house and even tomorrow when my friend comes I have to stay in for another reason.

 

Easter coming soon but I know we won’t be doing anything or going anywhere Hub says our entertainment is our house. Hehehe. So he plays and I clean. Great.

 

I tell you as he woke again just before seven for work, I really felt for him. It was cold and too early. We don’t go to bed too early either. Hub said he was fed up. I stayed in bed. Forty minutes later I checked my phone as there should have been a text to say he was there but then found out it wasn’t the hour it took for him to get there. I felt sorry for him. Such a long way to work. Tonight he will be in an hour later too as he has a meeting with volunteers and they can’t get to the office until four so time it finishes he will be late in.

 

Thursday he is on the train again off to Manchester an all-day meeting.

 

Again at least he is home at nights. Only once a month he is overnight.

 

He keeps asking me where I would like to go. He says he would take me. But really, thinking about it, we just couldn’t do what I would like to do. A simple walk along a riverside and a boat trip with a pick nick and I would love to do a flower show or visit the Ideal home expedition. But again, we could get there and then what? If you can’t see how do you do this? You need a person with sight. But what we do have is each other and that is the most important thing to me.

 

Hub and I can talk about the world like no other and enjoy the love we have. We are so close and understand each other’s souls.

 

I know one day I will see enough to do these things with hub if only success finances and dedication prevails.

 

Someone I know of in a group is visiting London eye hospital today. I asked him to ask how long do they think before some treatments? I bet they say something like how long is a piece of string but let’s hope not and they give a good answer.

 

I hope he comes out of there positive as really the eye hospitals are so soul destroying.

 

Right off now to eat. Not even had a cup of tea today and its lunch time.

 

Just been emptying the dish washer, refilling it putting clothes in the wash and emptying bins. I have the dog run to do soon. Lovely. And then groom my Waggatail.

 

Then its floor time and I don’t mean laying down there. I mean cleaning. And then to think what’s for tea / dinner.

 

Laters gators.

 

   

No comments: