translate

Saturday 21 March 2015

MY DIARY OF TIPS AND TAPS


Good day Bloggets. A new day. It’s sunny and windy. Hub and I had a good sleep for once. Woke up at a little after nine. Both with headaches. Teen spent the night out but contacted me to let me know he was OK. Now he is due at work in a few moments. Will he go? I hope so as he has been so good so far there. But he is relying on another to get him there right now he is in the middle of nowhere. In the house of another. So no public transport. I guess I will know how he is when he comes home though I am surprised he is not staying at hers tonight as well.

 

Hub is making his chicken soup. I must say it smells gross. He just said he loves the smell of it and asked if I did? I said yes and my nose grew longer.

 

Pinocchio?

 Salt in dishwasher and cleaning liquid in there. About to do floors now then the ironing. Just another day in paradise.

 

Tonight out with Hub to our friends. We are having a curry night. Hub having one course and it’s the best he could find for his diet. He has lost another 2lb. So in total 17lbs.

 

I’m not sure I want him to get much slimmer as I don’t like thin men. My ex was so thin. But he had so much energy and now my Hub is getting fitter, he never sits down. It’s so not like him. Hehehe.

So I sit alone.  

Though I am proud of what I have achieved on our new rowing machine. But you have to want to do it. I believe fitness is a huge part of your mind. My younger brother in law, he is a twin and he has a fantastic physique. Again he has a physical job and works so hard bless him. Hub and his two brothers are all hard workers. I do worry about the twins as I just want to slow them down. I want them to live a long life and the way they work, they will have blooming heart attacks.

 

I got a vase in the post today. I wanted one for my daffodils. It was from EBay. It said it was small and black and blue. Well, my furniture in my living room is black and my collection of ornaments is the blue and white china, GZEL from Russia. Olga bought me some and some I have had from the days when I went to Russia and I have bought some on EBay too. So hence black and blue? Hehehe. OK I know I am mad, but I love things to match, I just look forward to teen telling me it’s those colours and not orange.

 

Though if it is orange, my downstairs toilet has orange accessories.

 

In fact I can do green, as my conservatory is that. Red for my hall and I do have splashes of red in my living room, not from our toothless drinking painter, but my friend Artie bought me a beautiful cushion that is red. I also have red on my landing and red in the guest room. OK. I like red.

 

I have apricot in our bedroom and blue in teen’s room. Oh there is brown in my conservatory too so I can do most colours. Purple will be a bit of a colour clash...

 

I am colour obsessed. For a blind person it’s odd. My Hub goes mad about it. I do feel as sad for him as he has never ever seen colours. It’s not a fair world. My Husband is amazing. I love him he is so clever and has done so much in his life and has not had it easy. Away from home since the age of three and has had to live on his own basically. We don’t have Mums at school. We have to watch for what we do and teach ourselves as we go along. Life was so difficult and I don’t know one person who has not been affected by it.

 

So tonight I hope to have a good one and I am sure we will. With two nice people. The only trouble is, there are two dogs I am terrified of they are the dodgy kind. The killer dogs. I know dogs smell fear and I think tonight their noses will be twitching around me.

 

Last time one of them had Hub pinned to the sofa. Oh heck……

 

He isn’t scared of them though.

 

The couple have a lovely huge living room. I love it ours is very small in comparison.

 

It’s one of those living rooms where you can have the sofa in the middle furniture behind and gap in between. Where as ours you have to have the furniture against the wall.

 

I was talking with a friend from America yesterday though, who has an open plan house. She said it was difficult to walk and find her Barings.

 

I suggested that she bought some wind chimes that were battery operated.  Then she could put them at the entrances of doorways. So she could hear where to turn. Or if she has hard floors she could put rugs where she needs to know places. Or a large floor standing plant with big leaves or palms. The leaves have to hang out from the pot though or you would fall over the pot, where as if the leaves gently touch your shoulder or arm, you know again where to turn.

 

I remember when I was waiting for Olga to come the flat she was to stay in when she came here. Oh it was awful. I will always remember that day. I was on my own waiting for them I was so excited. But I didn’t want to appear blind. So I walked up and down the hall way as it was not a streight one and there were tables with lamps and vases on those small tables that fall if you knock them even gently.

 

I was so anxious that the flat was going to be perfect. I didn’t want to have smashed china for their arrival.

 

I also didn’t want to bump into things so by the time they came I wanted to be able to answer the door and walk back to the living room without looking blind.

 

The hall was total zig sag. That is where I thought of the idea of rugs. It was a hard floor and you had to turn in and out all of the time. So when the rug would end, you knew to turn left or right.

 

There is so much to remember when you can’t see.

 A friend was saying about how hard it is even feeding his cat. After the cat not moving he goes to feed it. He kicks it. He gets the tin opener from the draw and puts it down. Gets the can and goes to open it but can’t remember where the opener was put. So walks into the open drawer that he left open as the opener was only needed for a few seconds. He feeds the cat when he finds the dish then goes outside for some relief.  A walk for a few steps. He is stuck. He walks into a parked car. So back to his prison of a house again.

 

There are different stages of our eye condition as there are with other eye disease too. But our RP is difficult as it changes all of the time.

 

When you can see a bit, you can’t go out at nights, as this condition means you have night blindness.

 

That is one good thing about when you go blind; you don’t mind outings in the dark. As the days are also dark, or like for me, nothing. No light or dark.

 

I’m as grateful for my Husband as he has taught me so much. I was blind for almost eleven years before I met him and I have learned more in the past six years than what I did before.

 

Right have to stop now going to iron.

 

Just remember you are not alone. If you can see, please appreciate that. Look in the mirror and be happy. Read a letter and be thankful. See your child’s face and rejoice pour your kettle and when you don’t burn yourself, be grateful. We have so much to think about in our daily living. But remember I think of all of you. With love until later and I will let you know about yesterday. Our outing. Oh heck. X

  

No comments: