translate

Wednesday 25 March 2015

GUIDE ME WAGGATAIL?


Good day, well, I read a positive note today from a lady which read. “Today is a good day so have a good day. Good day to you all.”

Haha, well, good on her.

For me I had my pill of stress trying to get teen out of his pit. He grumbled and got up eventually. Caused his mess in the kitchen and off to college he went. Well, he was meant to get a lift. Hmm. That didn’t work out so lift number two happened. So he was late again for college. I can’t stand the lift situation. I mean when he catches a bus which takes an hour, he is there in better time than a friend’s car which takes fifteen minutes.

 

I must say I am surprised with his car. He has not been in it since the second day of having it. I thought he would have been in every night, just revving it up and cleaning it and so on. He got it far too early. He has no intention of even using it in April, even if he passes his test. Why? Hmm. Money has to be spent elsewhere. And you may guess where, or on whom.

 

He has just been paid, so I would guess he will be out a lot over the next week.

 

Today I went to the Doctors with Waggatail to pick up a prescription. I really really didn’t want to go. Oh what a state I was in?

 

I really have to push myself. When I walk with Waggatail, her head is all over the place. Eyes, darting from person to person, car to posts and trees back to people. Like a member of the Mafia in the streets of New York, on the look out!

 

The sun was shining. The birds just, could be heard among the noise of the vehicles.

 

The spring foliage reached out to me again with the threat of what’s to come in the summer. Spikes and twigs with floppy leaves with morning dew and leftover raindrops, just to slap me in the face as I pass. I swear they laugh at me whilst doing their game of tag.

 

Coming up to that horrible road again, I get so dizzy the traffic is so loud. Sometimes it sounds like its coming from the side front and behind of me.

 

I get so disoriented. My Husband doesn’t but he is used to working in London. I’m a country bumpkin.

 

Heart in mouth whilst I tell Waggs to turn right. Terrified she goes streight on the main road. Thankfully she didn’t but she really gets as close as she can to it before turning. It’s as though she is playing games.

 

Yeah, funny Waggs.

 

So the same old route. Passing the monkeys in the zoo. They were playing with a ball. I thought oh heckers. Waggs with a ball. But she was great. She continued to do her work well. All the time though head left and right and from time to time behind her and to the ground to have a stress sniff.

 

I walk that very long road; I can hardly breathe with fear its ridiculous. But at the same time, inside I smile. Not on the outside, I would not like to be thought of as a em, perhaps I won’t go further in fear of the politically correct police being on my case, haha haha, but I think my Bloggets may be able to fill in the gap?

 

I smile because I am out on my own. I am so grateful for my guide dog. We had teething problems, but she is so much better now. OK, she almost helped to have me killed on more than one occasion, but we will jog on from there and live in the present moment.

 

It’s quite a complicated route to our Doctors. So many twists and turns. If you can see, it’s as easy as you can walk there in a streight line, but to do that you have to cross over through a car park and small roads. The way I go takes longer but is safer. Having said that, one of the roads I cross, I counted nine cars before I could cross. Nine cars pulled out of the car park and headed towards the main road, just where I needed to go!

 

Did they wait and let me crossover? Nope. But to be honest I would rather that. As I like to know there are no engines when I cross the road. I have taught myself with my Darling Husbands help to listen for cars and so on to guess how far they are from me and most of the time I can do it as long as I am away from that huge road. I can’t do it on there.

 

Even my sighted friends hate crossing that. My poor friend Hanz crossed it with us a few weeks ago after a meal she was the only sighted person out of me, Hub and my friend Trix. Bless Hanz. We survived though.

 

Waggs took me to the post box. Not to post a letter, but it’s a great sign to let me know I have to turn left at that point as there is no sign on the path to inform me. So Waggatail nose sniffs the  post box and she then looks at my  pocket as though to say  “Come on Mummy, hand it over.”

A treat for Waggs and on we go. She then finds the door to the Doctors. I don’t give her a treat there as I never know when someone is behind me trying to get in whilst Wagga munches on her treat. As there are loads of angles people can approach the door. So they suddenly come from nowhere.

 

 Through double doors, right to the reception. A scared lady over the counter mutters some words. Is she talking to me? I don’t know but I tell her what I want and if she isn’t talking to me, well, I joke about queue hopping.

 

She was and I was handed my prescription. Now, to find the blooming door out. I didn’t know until a few months ago, that a guide dog doesn’t recognise a return journey in the respect like we can reverse our journeys? They can’t. It’s a total new route to them.

 

All of the doors are double to and the lift is right next to the doors again double doors.

 

I was also aware that everyone in the reception, all of the patients were looking at us. Heck, Come on Waggs, do your stuff?

 

She did and I was so proud of my little girl. All the way back to the chemist and she was great in there today too. Though her mummy wasn’t. Oh my humour is so dry.

 

The lady apologised to me as she didn’t come out streight away, she said sorry I didn’t see you there. I replied. Its okay, I didn’t see you either…..

Luckily she laughed. Can you imagine if she thought I was for real? Hahahahahaha.

 

Like Hub last week telling our neighbour that teen hadn’t passed his test, but he had? Oh, heck, bless her. I pray she knows he was having laugh too.

 

Well, on the way home I told Waggs we were going back to see Long Chops. Oh she put her foot down, she loves LC. Hub is working from home today. I haven’t seen him. He is in the cupboard….. Sorry, again. Silly me, office.

 

Right, off to make dinner. I know it involves stuffed peppers and stuffed mushrooms. What with it? Not sure yet.

 

We are half way through this week. It’s been a tough start for me. But I have something to look forward to this weekend. Doubt teen will be here though. But excited I am. More later. Xxx

No comments: