translate

Tuesday 24 March 2015

FIND MY TEEN BY FIONA CUMMINGS


FIND MY TEEN

BY FIONA CUMMINGS

On a path to trouble

Kicking the rubble

Fighting the dust

Anger is a must

Lost all trust

Against the world

Words so bold

Love is gold

Flames are freely given

No coins to pay for heating

It’s barbaric

A right to electric

Wasted water

Flesh they slaughter

Without a care

A forgotten word, is share

If it’s fixed, then tare

  No longer they know the term dare

As there are no boundaries

It’s the same in all countries

All of the families

Rich and poor

Let’s take a tour

A teen’s perspective

No one is respected

Everything is expected

For free as well

Or they make your life hell

A perfect child

So meek and mild

Woke up one day

A shell as my boy went away

Who possessed him?

And what did he do with my Son

The old lad who knew fun

Laughed and loved

Respected those he didn’t know

In his eyes there was a glow

Now ice blue

These words are so true

An alien stands before me

I reach out

 But he can’t see

I try not to shout

Though he screams at me

 Words he uses I wouldn’t have dared

If I even knew them I would be scared

I hope one day I will be reunited

With my Son again

That will truly make me excited

Just tell me when?

Oh, and how

To find my teenager in that crowd

 

Copyright Fiona Cummings 2015

No comments: