translate

Thursday 12 March 2015

I DO SO LOVE HER


Canada, Russia, UK, US, France, Turkey, Venezuela, Mexico, Italy and Ukraine are on the Blogget page view count today. And welcome to the other countries that just missed the top ten viewing countries. It’s great to see you all here.

 

 My day so far, well, apart from writing that rather heavy last blog, I have been to the shop. Now most Bloggets will know that me and out in the big world? Em, shall we say, doesn’t really happen that oftern, but when it does, I’m rather pleased with myself and most of all, my ever so sweet Waggatail.

 

As I put on my shoes and retrieved the harness and lead from the cupboard which has a mind of its own, things move in there without me even having to open the door. It’s packed. How can two dogs fill a cupboard? They have a big box outside too.

 

I can be sitting here minding my own business and suddenly one of the toys sings to us. Teasing little Waggatail and encouraging her to the cupboard door and if I could see, I’m sure Wags would be looking at me with her feel sorry for me Mummy eyes.

 

I feel obligated to then get her toy. Normally the perpetrator is a ball with a battery that laughs and says “Negh, negh, negh negh, negh!”

 the batteries are going flat in the toy there is not a chance they can be replaced so now we have songs all day and night.

 

I must tell you the first time it happened I was on my own and I had to, well, shall I say take a trip to the toilet.

 

Anyway, as I was putting the harness over little Wags head, she reluctantly fed her way through and I thought, as I did with my Black Beauty when she worked. “What gives us the right to use our dogs like this?” I just hope that those people, who sometimes treat the dogs like glasses, remember that they don’t have to do what they do for us.

 

They are little angels. Born into a world for us.

 

So let’s make that world wonderful for them?

 

It was a lovely day, no need for a coat, but now the wind is getting up and it’s gone cool. On the way to the shop, I noticed the spring shrubs are starting to grow their evil spikes. Oh that is the only thing I don’t like about the warmer weather. The shrubs inject us as we pass them. They come right into the middle of the path. Sometimes beyond.

 

They grab me for attention. My Wagga will let me say hi to them, Hubs Long chops avoid them for him.

 

As I walked along the busy roadside I was so pleased with Wagga. She did so well, and it was lovely to get out. Oh sometime I get so depressed being in these four walls. To walk free, free of arms to hold onto as long as I feel confident like I did today, is the best feeling.

 

It’s as close to being able to see as I can get to.

 

The lovely lads at the shop were as helpful as ever a lady who is in charge wasn’t working there today; you know the one I mean? The one who doesn’t like dogs for her religion? Well, the one I called everything to at another worker thinking the awful lady was away, and wasn’t? Well, she either didn’t work today or kept away from me.

 

I was only saying what others thought of her, but I must say, I didn’t think she would be standing next to me. Hahahahaha.

 

The shop was packed. Wagga wanted to say hello to everyone. Her tail almost dropped off. Thankfully, they the people didn’t bother us as we were walking/working, just as we stood still at the till.

 

Trying to put your pin number in and control an excited Waggatail is difficult. I have been known to put her in between my knees and she wriggled so hard, she almost went blue.

 

We got out of the shop without her walking around the place one more time a walk of honour. And back home, after a few sniffs on the corners, just in case there was some Chanel No 5.

 

Little Wags took me right to the door. I was so proud of her.

 

Gone the days with my white cane when I used to try to put my key into other people’s doors. Now I have my guide dog, she’s great.

 

We won’t talk about the times she had a mind of her own where she was controlling where she was going…..

 

Time for a treat and play with her favourite toys.

 

Feeling accomplished.

 

I love my dog.

No comments: