translate

Saturday 14 March 2015

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY UK


 Good evening Bloggets. Let me tell you as I have just got in from letting the dogs pollute their garden, I’m blooming free’ee’eezing. It’s been sunny today but cold and tonight? Really really shivering.

 

Teen got in from work we ate dinner and enjoyed the evening in front of the TV. We had some great dramas to watch. It’s lovely watching TV with the family. I know I am lucky as most teens won’t watch the television with their parents, but thankfully, it’s something teen enjoys doing.

 

I love it, nice and warm, candles on and all cosy with my boys.

 

Waggatail on Hubs knee, hehehe, he pretends he’s all professional but no, he’s a softy.

 

He’s lost more weight and looks so different. Or feels so different. I’m not sure I like it. He’s far from bone but heading that way. My ex was like that and it’s not a good look. I like my men to be hunky. Haha. Oh I can’t believe his dedication. Here we are after ten in the evening and he’s back on the treadmill again. For the second time today. He ate fish and rice for dinner.

 

Teen and I had my home made leek pie. We love that.

 

Well, I’m glad to say its away tomorrow, obviously at her Mothers. So Teen has a free weekend where he can relax and tomorrow is Mother’s day. A day in the UK where we say thank you to our Mums.

 

Sadly Hub and I can’t do that, but we do reflect on them and miss them.

 

Mother’s day for the Roman Catholic Church is strongly associated with revering the Virgin Mary.

 

In Hindu, traditionally Mother’s day is called “Mata Tirtha Aunshi” or Mother pilgrimage fortnight and is celebrated in countries with a Hindu population, especially     in Nepal.

 

The holiday is observed on the new moon day in the month of Baisakhi, i.e, April May.

 

Mother’s day in most Arab countries is celebrated on the 21st of March, the first day of spring in the Northern hemisphere. It was introduced in Egypt by a journalist Mustafa Amin who heard of a single Mother who brought up her child with great hardship and he became a Doctor. He left home and never returned to his Mother. So the journalist in I think it was 1953, brought the celebration of Mother’s day to Egypt.

 

In Australia the gift giving was started in again I think the early 1920s by a lady who visited a home for women where there were a lot of forgotten Mothers.

 

I love the fact that in Australia, the flower Chrysanthemum is given to Mothers because it’s in season and ends in the letters MUM.

 

In Belgium Husbands bring their wives breakfast in bed

In Belarus Mother’s day has only been celebrated since 1996  

 

China, has been celebrating since the end of the 1990s for all poor Mothers.

 

In World War II Americans in France sent so much mail home to their Mums, that France brought out a post card to mark the occasion.

 

OK have I bored you with Mother’s day facts? I guess the conclusion is we all celebrate our Mothers because most of them are wonderful people and you know if you don’t have a Mum you may have someone who treats you as though they are that special person. So we can say thank you to them on Mother’s day. We also can learn that Mother’s day all over the world is on different dates. I guess this is a way to say one thing, respect that person who acts like your Mother every day.

 

Three sons left home, went out on their own and prospered. Getting back together, they discussed the gifts they were able to give their elderly mother.

The first said, "I built a big house for our mother."

The second said," I sent her a Mercedes with a driver."

The third smiled and said, "I've got you, both beat. You know how Mom enjoys the Bible, and you know she can't see very well. I sent her a brown parrot that can recite the entire Bible. It took 20 monks in a monastery 12 years to teach him. I had to pledge to contribute $100,000.00 a year for 10 years, but it was worth it. Mom just has to name the chapter and verse, and the parrot will recite it."

Soon thereafter, Mom sent out her letters of thanks: "Milton," she wrote the first son, "The house you built is so huge. I live in only one room, but I have to clean the whole house."

"Marvin," she wrote to another, "I am too old to travel. I stay home all the time, so I never use the Mercedes. And the driver is so rude!"

"Dearest Melvin," she wrote to her third son, "You were the only son to have the good sense to know what your mother likes. That chicken was delicious."

No comments: