translate

Saturday 28 March 2015

SHOPPING IN THE DARK


 I met with my friend and off in her car we went out for a couple of small things, came back with a couple of large things. As in large bin bags full to the top. My friend is the best shopping buddy ever in the history of shopaholics!

 

You know the odd time I have been shopping with friends they can’t wait to get out of the shop or they are just bored. Perhaps they don’t think about who they are with? They look around and may be stop at what they want to see or ask me what I am interested in, but my friend sees what’s on the shelves and her eyes talk. Meaning there is nothing that her eyes don’t see that she doesn’t let me know about.

 

I love that about her. But, it means I go in for one item, and come out in debt. Hehehe.

 

Oh I bought some beautiful bedding. Oh you can get some amazing covers now. There was one duvet set with matching curtains it was pale cream with embroider butterflies every now and then. You could buy the cushions to finish off your bed and throws all to match. I picked up a plain white pillowcase and the weight of it? Oh my word. It was stunning. But I couldn’t justify the money.

 

I did buy some sheets and a beautiful throw for our bed. The throws pure white and the softest fluffiest material with matching cushions and I got an exquisite bed spread in champagne. With matching cushion. So I have my white duvet that I bought on line, with a white sheet folded over then you see the bedspread then the white throw with the three cushions on the top of the bed two white one champagne to match the bedspread. In the middle of the bed, I have a tiny cushion that my Son bought me years ago. It is terracotta with teddy bears on and has a pocket with three little bears inside. I just love it. I thought Hub will go mad as he hates change. He doesn’t like fuss either, but I so love it and have never really had really good bedding. I came home. After we talked over a cup of tea in the café and I made the bed up. Teen came in and said it looked amazing.

 

 I also bought a ribbon with three satin and lace tiny white hearts hanging from it, so I hung that up too.

 

I bought a bottle of peach oil and reeds

I was so proud and felt so happy. Oh I also bought some new cushions for our sofas.

 

So one is long and has a tiny bird on it. It’s cream, with very pale blue, so matches my blinds. It reads “A little bird told me.” The other one is square and same colours reads “That you love me!” I also got a cushion with old fashioned train station tickets on of London underground. Its black red and cream. You know my living room is black cream and gold, with splashes of red and pale blues. Mainly black furniture cream wallpaper with gold pattens and a red cushion red oil burner and blue ornaments you know the blue and white from Russia and china? Also pale blue blinds. My fire place is shiny black like our piano leather sofas and now painted or varnished shelving. A cream and gold wall light and black ceiling light. Oh I’m blind and obsessed with colours in my house and garden.

 

So a great day. And I told my Hub by text that I had been burning his plastic. He replied by saying bless him.

“You know I have never objected to you buying anything.

 Though when he saw what I got. He went on about hating change. Well, some days later, he admitted he loved the bedding and we have both slept so well. Teen told me I had class. Hehehe. I get such a buzz Bloggets making my house lovely. With my new but old, second hand glass blue vases and my new black and blue vase in my living room, I feel good.

 

Some people get a kick out of drinking, not me; give me a pint of shopping with my friend any day. She’s great and so natural. And I am sure she enjoys it too, as getting her out of the shop is a trial that I simply love.

   

No comments: