translate

Sunday 15 March 2015

IS THIS YOUR MOTHER?


Good day Bloggets, oh I have had a lovely day. Hub and I hate Sundays normally, me for loads of reasons, but one in particular is the same as Hubs and my friend Trix and I were talking the other day and she feels similar. Sunday was the day we had to go back to Bording School. That feeling of emptiness and the pain of the prospect of nights going to a cold bed after being with heartless staff all day without the love of a Mother was hell. We had each other and we were all brothers and sisters, but you can never replace your Mum. Hub since the age of three was sent to school. I can’t imagine how painful that would be if I had to do that with my Son. I mean three? It’s a baby. A baby who needs their Mum.

 

To tuck them in at nights and make sure they are warm in winter dry when it rains have a cuddle when they fall and just to feel safe.

 

We didn’t feel safe at school and as specially my high school where there were things that happened that should have never entered in a child’s life.

 

You know my Son had nightmares until my ex and I split up, thankfully they went when he was eleven. But before then, he would need me through the night. He would scream and be terrified. If we were like that, tough. Where to go, who to ask for help or comfort, other than our sleeping friends.

 

I had hell as a child. I was six when I first went to school. I have written before about how awful it was.

 

My Hub had three years of it so by then was not used to it, but accepted it.

 

I was there till I was fifteen, and then couldn’t take any more. Until I write my autobiography, I won’t tell of all of the suffering we went through as it is too bad to write about as specially, when today has been full of love.

 

, today is Mother’s day in the UK. It’s been lovely. My boy gave me some beautiful gifts and a very thoughtful card. The words he wrote inside are thought provoking. He makes me so happy when he is the old boy I knew from a couple of years ago. I hope we have got over the bad days? Well, when he is surrounded by those who care and isn’t with those who don’t, it really makes him a better person.

 

He has even been in the garage to help to sort it out for me. I love the fact that job has been done. I said to Hub the other day, I could see houses bathrooms kitchens and so on when I had sight, I have never seen in side a garage as they were always dark when I had vision, even if there was a light on in them, it was always too dark for me to see.

 

So in my head I see the layout of a kitchen, but can’t see a garage. I think it is difficult to explain, but because I have no visual perception of a garage, I really don’t know how to keep it tidy. I can keep the floor clear, but as for what is around the shelving and so on, no way, I hate that feeling. My Nieces Husband has an amazing garage; I need him here to help us. But teen bless him, did a good job today.

 

Hub exercising again. He really does have the bug. He is spending two hours per day now I’m proud of him. I’m really a lost cause.

 

Teen is so fit too. As are the dogs, and the canary, hehehe.  Oh well, I have always been different.

 

Can’t wait for Wednesday. Out with Geordie. I love her. We have such a chat and she shares my humour. “Scary?”

 

For all you Mums out there.

Mothers are the seed to the family. The centre of families. They are the gravity around which everything else revolves.

 

When your mother asks, “Do you want a piece of advice?” it’s a mere formality. It doesn’t matter if you answer yes or no. You’re going to get it anyway.

 

A mother is a person who, seeing there are only four pieces of pie for five people, promptly announces she never did care for pie.

 

There’s no way to be a perfect mother and a million ways to be a good one.

 

A man loves his sweetheart the most, his wife the best, but his mother the longest.Irish Proverb

 

There is only one pretty child in the world, and every mother has it.Chinese Proverb

 

 

No comments: