translate

Tuesday 24 March 2015

OUR STREET


Good evening. Our ice cream van came into the street and did his normal disappearing act.

 

No, the driver is not a magician. But his not so tuneful warning he is in the area, sang to us for three seconds. Not even enough to guess the tune.

 

Time you run for your money, he’s gone. I mean, what’s the point?

 

It’s not like when I was a child, OK cheeky chops; don’t even dare suggest ice cream came on a horse and cart?

 

But the van came into our street every night at the same time. Now, ours can come every night at different times for a week, then not see him for five weeks then he comes in the early afternoon. Then again nothing for a couple of weeks.

 It’s possibly a good thing as I got on the scales today, and the lady read to me my weight.

 

I swear when the automatic reader talks, she sighs then takes a deep breath.

 

Well, she told me I was 4lbs heavier. For goodness sake. All that blooming rowing I have been doing this week?

 

I wasn’t impressed.

 

Oh I will tell you a funny story.

My Husband was given his dinner when he came in from work like the good wife I am. He ate it without complaining. Then when I went to clean the cooker and remove the tray his chicken Kiev was on, I found his baked potato. Hahahahaha On the tray, I missed the plate and put it on the tray, when I asked him about it, he was so sweet. I think he is just so grateful to have a meal cooked for him. As he used to do all the cooking when he was with his ex-wife. I felt stupid. I have never done that. Not ever.

 

I’m doing two shifts in my kitchen boy wonder is home late from work so round two is two hours after Hub and teen came in at quarter past eight and went out with it!

 There is a reason for that. It’s not what you would think. Hmm. One word I will write in this blog at some point and you will, or may, guess what word describes it one of many I tell you, so watch out for it?

 

My friend went to the hospital she thought she had broken her ribs. The Doctor told her they would heal if she stopped breathing hahahah. I hope he was joking and I’m glad to know she is bright enough to know he was too.

 

Can you imagine? Cause of death, Doctor told patient to stop breathing.

 

OK. House smelling lovely with fresh coffee and outside is so cold. I can smell the log burners in the air.

 

Oh, talking of street heating, did I tell you we have new neighbours? Two doors down.

No, they are not hot stuff.

They are a mystery. No one has spoken to them yet. They hardly are here. My theory is they come from London. So they are not used to friendly neighbours. Hahahaha my friends who live there will now be shouting at me.

 

I guess in the summer, we may get to meet them as they will be invited to one of our street parties. Or maybe not? Our street Tranny has so far declined offers hahahah. May be they couldn’t decide which one of them they would be for the night?

 

Well, bless him- her one thing they are not is a user….

OK will go for now but I hope you have all had a successful day. Success could be anything that makes you happy or proud. With love until tomorrow. Xxxxx

 

No comments: