translate

Monday 23 March 2015

MUMS BROACH


Singapore was out in force yesterday, 22 views from there. Great to see so many from one country. US lead the way today, and UK second. Germany third. We had visitors from Sweden, Netherlands, Ukraine, Spain, Russia, and Belgium too. Great to see my Bloggets all in one place.

 

The paint stung our eyes but we coped as we all watched a great drama on the BBC. Teen had a hard day at work but chilled in the evening. I had been hunting for a broach I bought my Mum years ago. It was a special broach. With a story. I so badly thought it was lost. But thankfully, not. The story behind it is as follows.

 

My Mum sold all of her jewellery to get me to Moscow for my eye treatment. She never ever complained about it, but one day when I was about nine, roughly two years after I began to go to Russia, I overheard her talking to my Dad about the one thing she regretted was selling her Cameo broach. I remembered it, as she wore it all of the time. She went on to tell my Dad that she had wanted one for so many years and had that one for less than a year before she had to let it go.

 

The guilt I felt was awful. So sad for my Mum and she did it for me.

 

I swore after then I would buy her that again when I was old enough to afford it.

 

Each time we passed jewellers, she looked longingly at the broaches. She never said anything to me and I didn’t bring up the subject.

 

I had been married for many years, putting money by each week for her. I got very little money but to me the most important thing was to give my Mum back something to show my gratitude for the lifestyle she had because of me.

 

I was pregnant with my Son and knew that every penny I had after then I would have to spend on my child. So I counted the money I had and it came to just over £120.

I looked and looked for the same broach, but sadly, the one the size of hers was far too deer. I bought one and looking back, should have bought a second hand one but again my stupid eyes didn’t allow me the luxury to do something so simple like browsing.

 

Christmas came, my baby was born nine months before and for just over half of that, I had safely the bought broach. I gave her it and wrote a note saying thank you. She understood what it was all about. Of course she cried, and they were kind of tears of great happiness. Not an emotion I saw my Mum go through oftern.

 

Sadly, she died a year later, but thankfully I got her broach. I have kept it in a special box along with my first and Teens first curl. I want to start to wear it. Well, last week I went looking for the box and couldn’t find it. Thankfully Hub has more patients than me and put his hand streight on it.

 

There the curls were along with the broach.

 

It represents so much to me. Ten years of me saving money and most of my life her dedicating her existence to finding help for my eyesight.

 

The nice thing is, I saw the broach a year before I lost my sight, so I know in my mind what it looks like.

 

I hope to see it again one day.

 

Much love. X

No comments: