translate

Sunday 22 March 2015

ARMY OF RP's


Just come in from the gym. I feel great after doing some exercise. I’m getting afraid of how much I am enjoying it. I never would have thought. Really. I can’t do without eating nice foods, but if I exercise surely that will do me good? I weighed myself yesterday and I lost a whopping three quarters of a lb. Heheehe, but better than putting it on right? Poor Hub starved himself most of the week and worked hard for an hour and a half every day, and didn’t lose much more than me.

 

So my painter has left. Our ceiling is fixed for now, but for sure will be the same in a few months. But it will cost too much to get the whole lot done properly.

 

I have to keep the dogs out of there today as he did the shelves for me too. Remember when I got them painted and I was told they were black? They weren’t? My friend told me they were very dark, but more like mahogany. I was so cross as I told him I wanted them the same as the piano. Shiny black. Well it wasn’t my painter, but our joiner who made the shelves who actually painted them.

 

So now they are the same colour, the colour I wanted in the start. The same colour as our piano and mantelpiece.

 

Our picture we bought on the cruise too is the same colour shiny black. I love it.

 

I’m so proud of our house. Proud of what we have managed to achieve on our own. And more proud when my friends ask me for advice on what to do for their houses. I love that about them, the fact that they see me as a sighted person, not as a blind person who doesn’t have a clue.

 

I also am proud of my friend who loves to paint she lives in America and she has the same eye condition as I have. She was getting low because she wasn’t seeing her work as well now and thought she would have to quit painting. Well, no, what she did was worked out what colours she still saw and changed her style to accommodate for her RP.

 

And this is what our eye condition needs. To learn how to deal with this cruel lack of sight and to deal with it with gloves on. If you are a quitter like I was and for sure in a lot of respects, still am, you will be eaten up by blindness. If you gather every bit of strength and learn the word change, then you will beat the system.

 

Don’t get me wrong, I hate this bloody blindness. But I won’t let it laugh at me it’s cruel enough without winning too.

 

We are an army and we, will win without killing just with pure determination and knowledge.

 

Then when we are the winners, please God, let there be a medal? A reward.

Sight?

 

Then we can do what sighted people do but never ever forget where we have come from.

 

I dream of that day.

 

But in the meanwhile, I am grateful for all of your beautiful comments. You give me the strength to carry on.

You are the road to success and through my words, I want to feed you all, blind, partially sighted and sighted. My life is to show those who are afraid, that it’s not abnormal; I was made to feel useless. A failure and a forgotten soul. I met my knight in shining armour and he took me on his horse and together we rode through the long grasses and undulating pathways to a smooth narrow country lane. Together we can do this journey.

 

 

No comments: