translate

Monday 9 March 2015

HELLO IS IT ME YOU'RE LOOKING FOR


Happy Monday Bloggets. My weekend? Well, after finding out that our dog sitter couldn’t look after our dogs again and once again, my fault, as I left the request too late. So she was booked up. I asked teen if he would help out by staying with them. I know the other times I have asked him, he fed them and let them out, just. But then went away for the day or night, so I wasn’t impressed. But this time I offered him the job and said I would pay him. He was horrified that I would offer money. Shocking he was my Son? “Mum, I don’t expect any money. I’m offended that you would think I would take money for looking after the dogs.”

Well I told him if he did then I know he would feel more responsibility and stay with them after and before his work. He again professed he didn’t want paying.

 

Well, then I was all anxious that we were leaving them and felt so guilty. I called my dog sitter and asked if she could walk them. She said she could. And boy, she did. They came back after an hour filthy. She proudly announced that Waggatail had really enjoyed wallowing in the mud then going into the river. Oh lovely just before we were due to catch a train for the weekend?

 

Well, Hub, asked what shall we do with them? I said he should take them and hose them in the garden. He said he wasn’t in his old clothes, I told him to take his top off.

Well, needless to say, he wasn’t impressed. He told me to take my, top off and do it… haha haha. I told him I didn’t want the sun to go in, as the weather was lovely. I also told him I was happy with my neighbours and didn’t want them to move.

 

So, he did the deed. Then we tied them up out in the sun to dry. We left them in their beds as we went off to the train station.

 

I keep telling you our taxi drivers think they are London cabbies, and charge the earth to get two and a half miles they charge over £10 now. Used to be ten exactly.

 

My friend Magda said she does the same distance where she lives in Scotland and it’s about £4.

 

Where we used to live in Northumberland, would be about £5 so it’s double in comparison.

 

Anyway we got there and sorted out our tickets then went to the desk to ask for our assistance to get us on the right platform. So the long cold narrow corridor to the lifts, dark and dingy, it may not be, but it is in my mind. The station is ancient. But they say beautiful. It certainly doesn’t feel beautiful.

 

In a lift, out then along another passage and in another lift.

 

We sat on a cold iron seat and waited. Thankfully, it was in the sun and though the seat was freezing, the sky was so abnormally hot.

 

The lady came back for us thankfully when our train pulled in. So relieved as so many times we have had to do that bit on our own and it’s tough. As specially finding seats. Well, the correct seats.

 

We couldn’t believe it, we were the only ones in our carriage. And there were hardly anyone on the train.

 

So, no one else was going to see Lionel Richie?

 

Only us? I didn’t mind a private showing, I wouldn’t have complained, honestly.

 

Anyway, our time just about to get off when an obstruction was on the track. I being dramatic, said to Hub,

“Oh, do you think someone has jumped?”

He told me it would be a plastic bag. I said no, they would not wait so long for that to be cleared? He said yes they would as would I like to go on the tracts and get electrocuted?  Then we wondered how they did remove such things, and we came to the conclusion that perhaps they used a robot?

 

Anyway as we were waiting. The toilet door took a fit and started to open and close then it became comical. It was as though it was being controlled by a remote control.

 

A girl wanted the loo and she was afraid to get her head chopped off. Hehehe. Then her Husband or boyfriend told her when the doors opened to jump in quickly before they closed again. Well, he was so serious. And then she realised if she did that, what if she was in mid flow and they opened again revealing all her lady moments? Hahahaha. Oh I couldn’t stop laughing, but in a quiet way. Though if they looked at me, they would know I was laughing, as I don’t laugh from my belly oftern but when I do, I can’t stop. I cry and go red. I am so ashamed as if you find yourself laughing and no one else is joining in, then surely it’s off to the funny farm for you?

 

I nudged Hub and through tears of laughter asked him to please talk to me about something serious so I would stop laughing?

He in such a dry manner replied

“No Darling, you’re on your own for this.

 

Oh I could have slapped him silly, with a Lettice leaf.

 

Anyway, the lady came with refreshments. We bought one KitKat. And she charged double. We didn’t realise until she was gone she gave us the wrong change.

 

I wouldn’t care, it wasn’t nice. It was dark chocolate. I like milk. But I didn’t tell Hub that.

 

So our train pulled in. We got from our seats and began the walk to the doors. Which side? Haha, I asked Hub how he knows as they don’t automatically open. He said if it’s quiet enough, he can hear a swishing sound. And sure our train was quiet.

 

So the swish swooshed, hehehe, and we got from the train. Our baby Niece was waiting, well, baby, youngest on my side of the family, as she is thirty three.

 

We went to her car and the fun began when we picked up my Sister in Law. She was tipsy, but in a great way. I love her like this she is so cute. I bet my Niece didn’t feel the same though as who would if the person is their Mum? But we are here to embarrass our kids. Really, if our Niece could see her Aunty drunk, oh boy, now that is a sight. And it only takes a glass and a half of anything to do this job. Even Pepsi.

 

Hehehe

 

My brother saw my white cane folded up on my knee and tapped on the car window, and asked if they were my drum sticks for Lionel? Then hoped we would have a good view.

 

Yep, you have got the idea of my big bro’s sense of humour.

 

 We couldn’t believe the difference in the weather. It was so cold, windy and really not good.

 

Well we got to the Arena. My Niece pulled up to the carpark attendant and asked if there were any places she could park for accessibility. Well, that was a word he had obviously never heard of?

Oh let’s just say he was a crowd short of a concert.

 

£6 to blooming park? Really this country is becoming so expensive.

 

My brother kindly gave the money to pay for this.

 

We met with my eldest Niece and Sisters friend Marie, who is really nice.

 

We had a drink and I drank orange juice. Then it was time to find our seats. Well, we were in the Gods. Almost in the lights. Didn’t really bother us as the view didn’t matter, but it did to the girls, we laughed as we remembered Bro’s words about the view, then My eldest Niece and I really laughed as the support act came on. Well, one of her songs was just so funny as the drummer was so out of time? 

 

Again, I turned to my Niece and suggested that I took my drum sticks and helped out, holding my folded white cane up. Haha haha.

 

Oh she and I had a real good time just catching up and sharing the humour we used to eat up with great hunger.

 

Then Lionel came on. He was amazing you would never believe he was in his late sixties. More like thirties. He is so hilarious. I mean, he should be an actor. Really, I can so see him in great American comedy movies.

 

His singing was like from the CD I love that. The crowd were all dancing but my little Niece said us four were the only ones sober in the whole arena. Hehehe. You wouldn’t think it looking at my eldest Niece and myself.

 

I had of course a Fi moment. Oh yes, there couldn’t be a night out without me showing myself up.

 

We came out of the arena and down the metal steps. I turned to my Niece and commented that it wasn’t as cold. I was pleased to say, then suddenly the wind started to cut through and it was really cold again. I asked my Niece how was this? I said it was warm then suddenly it became cold. She laughed but then dryly replied

“That’s because Aunty Fiona, we weren’t outside when you first said it was warmer.”

Oh, heck….. How many people heard me?heheheheheh

 

We drove back to my Brother and Sisters bungalow and sat in the kitchen I had a coffee to warm me up and then went to bed. Four and a half hours later, the little cute dog decided to wake up the house as it was time for him to have an adventure. Well my Brother let him in the garden but someone left the gate open and little man decided to wonder. Well, Bro came back to put on clothes hat and coat. To look for the little monkey. Opened the front door to see him standing there. Haha haha. So then Bro took him for a walk. Then at half eight our Niece came with the little munchkins. My great Niece and Nephew. Also my lovely Nieces Hub. So time to get up….

 

We had a lovely morning and then off to lunch with my families friends. So the golf club was the place and it was great. Hub really enjoyed his dinner. I was so happy to see as he is a fuss pot when it comes to eaten out. He likes good places. The best thing for me was it wasn’t too noisy. I hate it when we are with people we don’t know like my brother and sisters friends and they think we are ignorant as we can’t hear for all the other talking so we don’t join in, but this was nice and peaceful but the food was lovely. I just enjoyed not cooking. I was sad to say goodbye to my Brother!

 

 My sister in law took us to the train station.

 

Big hugs and on our way. Teen had sent two texts whilst I was away. First one saying he had fed the dogs and let them out, and not to forget his £20 haha

So much for not wanting paying? The second text was to let me know he had let them out again that morning and vacuumed the floors right through and emptied the dishwasher and filled it again. When we came home, it was lovely just as I left it. So I was so happy with my boy. He deserved his money.

 

He sat and asked about our family, how they are and then after a cup of tea, he left for a fun day with his pals. I was so pleased to see him enjoying himself. He played tennis and then pool and table tennis. Came in really late, and still isn’t up and it’s almost mid-day. But he has another day of work and before then, a driving lesson.

 

So a great weekend. Now looking forward to seeing my little friend Trix and our Hanz on Friday. Oh, and today, we or I should say me, as I will be on my own, have another visitor. More later. Xxxxx

 

 

 

No comments: