translate

Friday 6 March 2015

DIARY OF londons homeless


Hi Bloggets. Today has been busy. I went for coffee with my friend and we chatted for three hours. I could have stayed longer, as there were still words left to say that we hadn’t used up. Hehehe. Anyway, there were things to do at home so have to be back. Hub has the day off work and in my absence; he made some juice and did a few jobs. The homemade juice was delicious.

 

I made dinner for tonight and made sure there was enough for teen tomorrow. As we won’t be here at dinner time. More on our weekend in the next blog.

 

Teen went out last night for his birthday with his friends. He got home just before four this morning. He had a good time. They went for food and to a couple of nightclubs.

 

We watched a program about the homeless in London. Not drunks or drug addicts, but women who found themselves without their husband or partner and now were homeless. The poor children. In England in the 20th century? I felt so bad for the kids. One boy was eight and he had already been to six schools. He said through tears, he has had to say goodbye to six best friends. The conditions of the houses that they eventually got were dreadful. I wouldn’t put pigs in there.

 

The crazy thing is, they were all on benefits and they were looking for private rentals for £300 per week. Now if they get that in benefits, why can’t the benefit agency say we will buy you a house and use your money for the mortgage? If they get £1200 per month, surely a mortgage could be given for that much, even in London? Some of the houses for rent were asking twenty thousand pounds per week. I mean, and why London? What is the attraction? Yes, for a weekend break, to see the sights, but to live? I just don’t get it, I really don’t like London.  My friends who live there will now tell me how good it is, but I can’t see the goodness in paying the same amount of money for a one bedroom flat without a garden or parking space, that you could buy somewhere else in the UK and for that amount of money, get four bedrooms or more and huge garden with garage. As for the ridiculous amount of £20,000 per week? That would get you a mansion with an indoor pool, cinema and grounds, not a garden, but your own fine grounds. Oh and probably a maid, Chauffeur and butler too.

 

OK I have just returned from our gymnasium.

Alright, our garage, hahaha, so I will take some of our lovely juice and tidy dinner dishes and chill for the night as tomorrow starts with two very happy girls and the rest of the day I’m sure will be one of adventure’s and thrills. More when I get chance to be back at my laptop again. Until then, you all be good and if you can’t be good, be careful.

 

 

No comments: