translate

Monday 2 September 2013

NOT ENOUGH HOURS

Good afternoon. It’s been one of those days. I’m not even sure of the time. The last time I looked, it was quarter to one. A friend of mine called. I didn’t have time to chat with him, as I was due to chat with another friend. It was the voice of disappointment when I explained I couldn’t talk right then, but will call back. I felt so bad, as the hand set went down. I just had to call them back. I’m glad I did and after an hour with them, I then received a call from my dearest friend and soul brother. We spoke for a while, not long enough, not sure how long, but I had to come off the phone, as teen had been to see people and I needed to see if he was OK. I have just had a message on my mobile, saying how my voice sounds very posh. I find this really funny, people say it is a sexy voice, and I have changed the answer machine blooming message, so many times, I really am thinking about going onto a standard message. I try to do a so called normal voice, I really do, and it just never seems to work. Hub tells me I should do those chat up lines. Hahahahah. I wouldn’t care, when I hear my voice on a recording, I hate it. I sound about twelve. A friend of Hubs came out with a real classic. After we spoke on the phone for some time, he then visited our house, and met me for the first time. He said these words to me, you know one of those moments in a ladies life, you as a lady really just wished had never happened? “Gosh Fiona, when I heard your voice on the phone, I expected someone totally different to the person I met in real life. You really don’t have a large person’s voice… Hahahahaha. Cheek? Anyway, he’s an x friend. You know those days when you are afraid to know the time, as you feel like you have not done enough work? Hours are racing. At least there is not much to do for tea, as we still have some mince in the fridge, already made. So some potatoes and cabbage and we are away. My gift to my Hub, for his birthday, has been a disaster. I ordered it two weeks ago; remember I said I like to allow time for things to go wrong? Well, first they take the money, then they say it will be a week late, then they say five weeks late. So I have cancelled the order and have to go back to the grey matter again and think what next. Three weeks left before his birthday. Hub in the Capital. It is a long day for him, but tomorrow, we are off for the day, though we don’t have a nice day planned, sure something good will come out of the time we have to spend with some mournful people… Must dash, but a quick note to say I’m thinking about you. X

No comments: