translate

Wednesday 25 September 2013

FOOD ALL DAY


Today has been a busy one. First I did some minimalistic housework. Then saw to our dogs, and then I got ready to go out with Beanie, to the town’s food festival. It was amazing, to go by bus would be waiting time and travel about 50 minutes, and we were in town in about 20 minutes in the car. We walked through the city gardens where there was a dog chasing the squirrels. I don’t know what it is about dogs and squirrels, but my BB used to love them. Perhaps they smell tasty? Then, there was a red squirrel which is a good thing to see, as Britain is losing those to the grey ones sadly. But this little fella had a grey tail and red body. Odd?

The gardens were as busy as ever and the summer sounds met with the autumn.

We had a look around the market like stalls with their fragrances flowing freely in the warm air.

There was a coffee stall with its bags of beans and one where you could buy coffee to drink there. There were stalls with jams, relish and pickles as well as homemade produce like scones, pies and quiches. There was the sausage man. He had everything in a sausage. Like beef sausage with beer, sausage with whisky and wine too. He joked for the fiftyith time of the day I bet.

“To save you spilling your drink, Ive put it in a sausage for you!” I bought some beef and beer for the boys. I got a steak and ale pie for them too, and a cheese and onion quiche for myself. There was the stall selling olives, Yum! I bought some of those too and there were cookery demonstrations going on as well as utensils being sold. There was a Champagne bar and a beer and cider where we had a little drinky poo’s. Well, it would be rude to pass it?

It was lovely there was a chocolate stall too, but that was a crazy price so I just took the free sample, mind you, almost mistook it for a bit of road dust, but it was absolutely delicious. It was lime and lavender.

The atmosphere was lovely. Came home and just got turned around when there was a knock at the door.

“Oh, who is trying to sell me something now?” As I go to the door with my face on.

I opened it with attitude.

There he stood, my grocery man.

Haha. I had forgot  all about him.

Then off after putting the shopping away and playing the guessing game of what was what in the bags and watt goes where. Off to the local restaurant to see our lovely Louis. Teen met us there and we had a lovely rare family night. Louis was on true form. We had a right laugh with him and you can tell everyone in the restaurant was like

“Gosh, how do they get on so well with the waiter?

Well, it’s easy. Because we are no better or worse than him, unlike a lot of people will think.

Did a lot of laughing and it was lovely, to top it all, my Yam phoned me from America to reassure us they, her and DD, were OK and coping with packing for Mexico. Xxxxx

No comments: