translate

Saturday 14 September 2013

ONES CASTLE


Good evening my Bloggets. I was on the phone to my Yam in the US, as she always calls me bless her whenever she thinks I am in need and in need I blooming was. Just as I was talking to her, my Hub called on the mobile. So house phone in one hand, to America, mobile in the other, I told my Hub to call back in one minute? Said goodbye to Yam, nothing from Hub. I called him, no answer and I text him, still nothing. What is it about my boys, if I am not there to answer calls, I just cannot get a hold of them again for some time. Half an hour ago I spoke with Hub. He sounded so flat and down. Now his voice echoes in my mind and I can’t contact him. Desperate.

The thing I was going to tell you about before, hub told me today, in ten to fifteen years’ time, if things don’t change, local charities for the blind in the UK, won’t exist. The Government give less money to the blind, than what they do for other disabled charities.

This is something the company Hub works for are campaigning for. It’s worrying though. I know people in general give less to charities for the blind, because one, they don’t believe it will happen to them, though a hundred people in the UK, suffer from some form of sight loss every day. Two, blindness is not a matter of dying like some other conditions. I guess we well, some of us, live through being blind, but it’s not always a life worth living. Then when people first go blind, it is the worst news they have ever had to receive and often they just can’t cope with it and can lead to suicide. Then you have blind people who stay in the house, and never leave their front door. Like prisoners. But there is a difference in more ways than one. Prisoners get plenty of public money.

What crime have the blind committed?

In the UK, we used to have loads of charity shops, but they are closing now, and some think the reason for this, is because of on line selling like EBay for example. The world is turning a wheel that is heading in the wrong direction.

 I have let my beasty girls out for their late night meetings with the concrete outside.  Quickly hurried them in and locked all doors and windows. This is a smallish house when my Husband and Son are in it, when I’m on my own; it’s a huge castle, which is fortified against all bogie men!

So tonight, I sit in my Queens chair, with its high back of yellow gold. My crown features glistening diamonds and the rubies which trims my shawl shine, showing shadows of ancient gilded wall hangings across my room, and one hopes that one’s guards are keeping watch, in ones passage behind the parapet of one’s castle walls?

Haha. Right on that rather silly note, one shall leave one in peace until later when I shall be back with lots more. X    

No comments: