translate

Monday 9 September 2013

A NEW START BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Good day to you my faithful Bloggets. Today’s blog is about (A new start)

I some years ago, made a huge new start in my own life. To do this, I knew it had to involve so many other people. From my own change in life, I from the top of my head, can count at least six people, who by me behaving in somewhat of a selfish way, selfish for myself and my own sanity and greed, I hurt others. Do I regret it? Answer, not at all. All my life I have put others first. At the age of 35, plus V.A.T, it was my turn in life. Since my new start, I have cried buckets and hurt so much. Visited that deep, dark, dunging of depression again, but once again, I don’t regret it for a second. Would I have changed things in my life if I could live it over again? Yes. For sure I would, but I would still end up at the same place of my new start.

This blog so far may seem a little on the cryptic side, those who know me inside out, and that is about two of you, will know where I’m coming from. Those who don’t but can relate to what I am saying, as I think these words can reflect most people’s lives, who have turned that corner and made a new start will know where I’m coming from.

A few of my friends, are wanting so much to have a new start in life. By running away from their life what they know it as now. Some would say a new start should involve

A new look

A new job

A new attitude

And perhaps a new name. All these things are possible. I did three out of four of these above changes. I guess some would say a new job was the fourth thing which I don’t regard myself as participating in, but, I went from being a one hundred per cent good housewife and a absolutely dedicated Mother, to a part time housewife and a very real Mother, who is still full of love for my child, but show it in a different way. I had to be a Mother and Father of my child before and in a way, still have to be that, but, now my Son doesn’t have the atmosphere to live in that he used to have, I can relax somewhat. Not saying the life he lives in is good, far from it, but the negative ways of my x, have been replaced with a hard stone floor, with a warm coal fire burning on the hearth.

 I tell you my dear Bloggets, for sure if I can change you can. I know this is said by so many people, but if you really really knew me and I am sure in some years’ time, you will, you may think you do already, but I have shared about ten per cent of my life with you so far, you don’t yet, but if you knew me and my soul, you will also say, if Fiona can do it, I can.

Believe me; I can’t stand people who say “If I can lose weight you can. If I can do something with my life, you can!” As soon as someone says that, I turn off whatever I’m listening to.  Whether it is the T.V, radio or a real live person in front of me. But I have had every experience in life I can imagine. I am not so arrogant that I will say everything going, out there, but for certain, at least a hundred different circumstances and the things I have not been through, I know people who have.

So you want a new start, but you have no money?

You can’t move house because you don’t have the resources to do so!

First lesson, only you, yes you, can do for you. Trust me on this one. It’s a sad lesson, but if you have waited for years for help and it still has not come, it is now up to you.

So, how do you get that strength to lift up your head and feel the energy to do this?

Ask yourself this question.

“Where do I want to be in a year from now? When you have an answer, write it down, then ask the next question.

“How will I get there? Write down your answer then the third out of four parts to this life plan.

What tools do I need to get me to that place?

In a year from now, when all your above questions have been answered, sit down look at where you have come from, how far, and know who got you there?

It will be then, when you know that you are stronger than you ever thought! The pride and achievement you will feel will be exhausting, but possible. I love these quotes.

“Start by doing what’s necessary; then do what’s possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible.” (Francis of Assisi)

“Start every day with a smile, and get it over with.” (W C Fields)

Well, Francis has it right, as for W C Fields? If you start with a smile, your smile will be mirrored. Your very own smile will touch your heart and others, and will spiral across the world.

Today is a new start for my Son. The first day for him at his new college. I hope the world will open for him now and he sees a “Realistic” future for him, full of dreams which will, come true.

OK, for now, from yours truly

9 sep 2013

Should we look backwards, to stay where we are, or look forward to have a future.

 (Fiona Cummings)

 

No comments: