translate

Wednesday 4 September 2013

I'M HERE FOR YOU BY FIONA CUMMINGS

A poem for a friend of mine. I pray she will find her way! I’m here for you By Fiona Cummings I can’t take much more Fed up of walking into a closed door Words which are meant to hurt me Rejections from my family Laughed at by friends I no longer can pretend Goodbye to today I am running away Where to I don’t know I have nowhere to go On my own trapped in a foreign land Why can’t people just understand To believe in me To see what I see To be my family To close this world out from my head To sleep at nights in my own bed To not worry about words I will be fed To be free To breathe To have the key The only answer I have Is to harm myself And to see my own blood They tell me that’s no good But their answers don’t make sense It’s like solid wood On the highest fence I don’t want to take this out of contents But I can’t explain what I mean They say they give me help And I’m not too keen But their help is a tongue I don’t understand I just need to hold a loving hand Someone from where I come from To a brand new door Where when I walk through it I won’t hit the floor I want to laugh like others And see the stars Feel what it’s like for young lovers I wish that day was not far

No comments: