translate

Saturday 21 September 2013

I'M SO MUCH BETTER THAN THAT BY FIONA CUMMINGS

I'm so much better than thatBy Fiona Cummings

I’m so much better than that

Sick of being walked on like a door mat

Waking up each day feeling flat

Reaching for the pills

Washed down with the bottle

Wounds which stay open

Cuts from a nettle

I’m so much better than that

Words you shout at me

Laughing whilst I bleed

Making me starve whilst you feed

Emptying my purse whilst your pockets you fill

Showing such greed

Willing me onto the fatal pill

Hurting me is your absolute thrill

I’m so much better than that

Names you call me

Throwing me out

Setting me free

Then you shout

You’re no good without me

And how right you are

Or should I say were

As I have come so far

Yesterday was a blur

But today I see

Just what you tried to do to me

Now I am free

Away from the rope and pain

Never will I visit you

And return to hell again

Why?

Because I’m so much better than that

 


No comments: