translate

Monday 30 September 2013

WRITING A WILL


I know it is a depressing thought, but no matter how old or young you are, have you written a will?

Husbands and wives assume their money and property automatically go to the surviving family member/spouse. Wrong, not always.

Intestacy rules imply.

You spend all your life looking after your money to die and let a stranger share it out.

OK, you may say you have nothing in the bank, but you may have a house, or a car, or a small piece of jewellery you really want your niece to have for example. Do you really want that bracelet going to a cousin you never could stand?

In the UK, it’s about £100 per person less if you get a joint will and some solicitors even will come to your house. You don’t know when you may get knocked over by a car or develop an illness which may become fatal

Once your will is written, you can forget about it. I wrote one but really need to get it changed now teen is older and his future may be different to how I hoped for.

I want him to have what I leave if God forbid my Husband is also no longer with me, but want it to go to him and him only.

You may have a tea set handed down by your Grandmother you don’t want putting in the bin, and you know a friend of yours will appreciate it more than the garbage van, so why not take time out and pick up the phone call a solicitor?

I know it is not a cheerful thing to do, but better now than never? X

No comments: