translate

Thursday 12 September 2013

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BLOGGETS


It was one year ago, when I wrote my first blog. I did it for a test, to see if I could get more than two views. This is the truth. Almost 30,000 views later and a thousand blogs, we are still here.

Many times I have wanted to quit and still there are days I just say enough. But then I get an email, or a message saying something really inspiring and words of encouragement. Mainley saying how that person is helped in some way with these blogs and how can I quit after that?

The other day, I received a message saying some words I wrote that day, were written down in the guy’s hand book,  to read when required and there are some schools who visit this page. Now, you may ask yourself, what on earth are they studying? Haha. I ask that too. Answer? English or are they our future psychologists…. Haha.

Whoever you are and why ever you visit this blog, I’m truly grateful.

Today I went out to walk our dogs. My arty came and we took the girls on the local field. Arty and I had a good old chin wag and a coffee at the local coffee shop.

It was great to get the girls out as it’s been too long. There is no way I can take Wagga out on my own; I would never get her back. She just runs and runs.

 It’s been lovely today, having my Son home. I really have felt warm. My Husband was great with him today, helping him with some information he wanted to know about college.

Now, it was like a foreign language to me. They were talking about coding.

My teen is so brilliant he doesn’t know how good he is as he has no interest in computers, though that is what he is studying.

Hub is talking to the world, as I am but he is doing it through work. On the phone. A call from nine tonight till half ten. One more night with him before he leaves for the USA.

 Oh, did I tell you about a person I met online, who loves to do art? He has never met a blind person before and felt inspired to make a tactile picture.

He is sending it to me tomorrow. I can’t wait to receive it. It features Elephants.

I think he is so kind to  take time out to care about anyone other than himself.

I shall tell you all about it when I receive it.

Tea was a little challenging tonight. I made rice. Turned out, it was dessert rice.

So the boys had BBQ chicken and rice pudding…. Oh, Yuck.

Oh before I go, must tell you about a beautiful gift I got today from Arty. She has just returned from the USA on holiday, a place that sounds like Pepsi cola.

Haha. She brought me back a stunning angel. Hand carved. I love it. How kind for her to think of me. It features an angel holding a butterfly.

She is an angel of freedom.

Her face is featureless. This is ironic, as when I saw an angel some years ago, he also had no features.

She has long blonde hair my friend said she is like me.

Right, must dash for now, but happy birthday to us all. X

No comments: