translate

Saturday 21 September 2013

ALLOW THE BIRD TO NEST BY FIONA CUMMINGS


ALLOW THE BIRD TO NEST

BY FIONA CUMMINGS

 

Nowhere to go to

Nowhere is home

Living out of my rucksack

The streets I just roam

Last ink on paper

I write this poem

Just wishing I belonged

And I had someone to phone

Tears fall on my makeshift pillow

Promises like hot marshmallow

How could they say that?

My heart is now cracked

I can’t hear any more words

No longer have I seen the birds

For all around me now is hurt

Shivering in my torn shirt

Autumn leaves for a bed

Somewhere dry

Just to wrest my weary head

Pennies they throw at me

For a warm cup of tea

Starving deep within

My arms pencil thin

For the hunger of belonging

My bones are aching

My heart breaking

Lost deep in life

Digging deeper into strife

Somebody help me please

Can’t you see I’m on my knees?

Open your heart for my love

I ask God above

Will he hear my quest?

Above all the rest

Let him send an angel

And allow the bird to nest

No comments: