translate

Monday 16 September 2013

COFFEE CHATTERBOX


Good afternoon Bloggets. I have not long been in. I went for lunch with my friend Flexi. We went to the lovely coffee shop Hub and I love to go to, remember I told you about it the end of winter this year. It took us an hour to get there and two busses. Flexi made it so easy in her car, about fifteen minutes. I had a lovely sandwich a hot chocolate and my absolutely fave thing, Yummy yum double yum, a tart with chocolate and almonds. Oh my word, that was divine. Poor Flex’s cake was not so nice for her, she had the date slice.

I just can’t get over the popularity of coffee shops these days. Our local one is always packed and as is that place. Oh there was a screaming baby and as the Mothers on the busses these days were making no comfort sounds to stop it from crying.

I asked Flexi, was she doing anything at all to console the child, she said yes, but no words. No Shushing or there there’s.

So its old fashioned now to a, comfort your baby with soothing words and B, if the child has not shut up after ten minutes, removing yourself or at least going outside to calm the child down. After half an hour of the child, getting angrier, I, was ready to walk out with it.

But above the screaming, we had a nice chat as ever.

Then a quick stop at the butchers. Oh you will smile at this one. I bought a small steak pie for teen’s tea and a large one for the freezer. It comes uncooked from the freezer.

Well when I saw it, I looked at Flexi and said,

“I was going to give this to Hub and Teen to share, this is a starter for teen. You could put it in your eye.

Well, OK, not quite that small, as my eyes are not that huge. But remember the days when a pie was large? This was the size of a tea plate.

I got some other meats though and I know they are fresh and the boys love them. So I sat with my farm yard on my knee until I placed the bag on the floor all the way home.

I was in ten minutes just enough time to let the girls kiss the concrete and my joiner arrived.

I have told him what I would like the shape of the shelves and so on, and I have left the rest to him with a cup of coffee.

I loved seeing my friend again, we don’t do it enough. She is a sweetheart.

Now I await for Hub to text me good morning. This will be a challenging afternoon, as every time my joiner hammers the wall, my black beastie girl LC, barks in her German Shepard manner.

I have told her there is no one at the door, but she is telling me otherwise.

Later gators with love. X

 

 

No comments: