translate

Tuesday 11 December 2012

UNDER MY CHRISTMAS TREE By Fiona Cummings

UNDER MY CHRISTMAS TREE BY FIONA CUMMINGS


I looked at you and you smiled at me

Your beautiful golden ringlets and eyes of blue

 Everyone looked at you

Your lovely dress in a Christmas green

 The prettiest thing I had ever seen

Standing there next to the soldier so proud

So shy in a busy crowd

Then you began to dance

Wow, I was in a trance

As the music began to play

I knew I had to stay

As you turned around

My heart began to pound

Then the lights in the window turned off and Mummy took my hand

She took me away from my Toyland

I just so much wanted to play with you

I needed to love you

I dreamed of having a toy like you

Then my dream came true

It was that  freezing Christmas morning

I was given a huge box

I was so sleepy, still yawning

Still in my pyjamas bare footed, no slippers, or socks

I tore off the paper and opened my surprise

It was the most amazing thing I had ever seen

There  you were before my eyes

With your golden hair and dress of green

My shop window doll  which could dance by herself

No  longer alone left on the shelf

I gave you a name, you were called Leigh

The very best gift under my Christmas tree

No comments: