translate

Sunday 2 December 2012

GETTING READY FOR CHRISTMAS


Gosh, what a weekend? Our tree was due yesterday morning, I received a call to say it would be  later in the afternoon, then a call to ask if they could deliver early  Sunday morning? I said no,  as we had colleagues of My Husbands coming later afternoon and I wanted the house nice for them coming, you know  what it is like when you get a real tree? The needles go everywhere! I asked Teen and Hub to get the artificial tree from the box in the garage too, so I started to decorate that as I waited for the real tree. I was quite anxious for the tree to arrive, as I have only had one in my life, when I was a little girl. I just hoped it would be the right one?

I had a kind of sinking feeling that we did not pick it on our own and had to rely on a phone call and a lady at the other  end to let us know it would be nice?

That feeling of hopelessness filled me  with sadness.

God knows what my artificial tree looks like, I can’t see the lights or the decorations, but Teen said it looks lovely, my crazy Aunt is coming in two weeks, she will tell me for sure.

I have some beautiful toys on the tree that I got with the x at the garden centres of course after  Christmas, when the sale was on, but never mind they are lovely, bought with my money and picked  by me, so  only memory of him, is the transport and the moaning of what I was buying.

I have little trains on and a porcelain doll my friend in Russia bought me and glass bells with a lovely Chrystal angel and gold, coffee and chocolate baubles. Now in what order? God  knows?

So then the van came with our tree. Teen was really looking forward to its arrival.

I kept out of the way, whilst the man came into the back garden through to the conservatory, as was so very nervous?

When he was out  of the way and I had just finished putting the lights around the fireplace, I went to see it to hear, the happy words from Teen. The smell was the most amazing smell I have ever experienced before.

Fresh ferns and lavender.

It was huge and stood in the provided pot. It looked lovely.

Teen put the lights on there were two hundred and to be honest, could do with a few more, but I want to keep it a subtle looking tree and in our lovely conservatory, looks so grand.

I am learning to love that room and when we can  afford nice chairs to sit in there it will be my home! My sanctuary, my place of peace!

I have an oil for my tree in the living room that smells of orange and cinnamon that I pour on the artificial tree and it smells so lovely too! The whole house smells of Christmas. Hub made me a vegetarian casserole for tonights tea and I made a huge steak hot pot and rice pudding for our guests. Haha, classy me? No Hors d'oeuvre  canapés or any other delights. They are very posh too, but they will be full anyway. We have the white wine chilling and red wine with its cork off to do whatever it is supposed to do I just know that is what I was told had to happen to red wine. Horrible stuff.

 I have loads of different  kinds of cheese and lovely coffee for Hubs fantastic coffee machine.  We have different tea’s, too for them.

So best get off to get the table ready, light some candles and shine up the crystal glasses. Teen is in town with his so called posh girl.  God  knows what he is doing? I guess what ever posh girls do with six foot blue eyed  blonde teenage boys? Hahahaha. I hope not? Well take care my lovely friends

No comments: