translate

Sunday 2 December 2012

RETURN TO HER BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Return to her

By Fiona Cummings

 
Out in  the wilderness

With no more no less

Fighting the elements

A little fearful I must confess

On my own with my life on my back

Tools for defence in my pack

Wondering where my next meal will appear from

My last good feast  has been so long

These dark days seem so full on

without technology

Just me and my geography

Where will  the needle take me to

My lips tremble as they turn blue

I light a campfire

The scenery I admire

A family of bears are in the distance

I worry the meat cooking has a fragrance

The amber glow

Burns close to the snow

I take out my knife

And turn the flesh

I miss my  wife

It’s such a mess

She is on her own discovery

I just wish this was not so solitary

No longer does the knife turn blood red

I eat with Grace

As I don’t know when I will next be fed

I must find shelter

To make a bed

For miles to go

 Through land I don’t know

A new day will follow

My lonely voice will sound hollow

As I sing a song

 And carry on

My sole mission

Which has been my ultimate ambition

What tails I will have to tell

Of days so close to hell

But scenery that can not be bought

And lessons which can not be taught

Evil bitter bands of pain

Determination is my game

I had to run from my fear, on this land

Without my faithful spear, in my hand

No more tools

I broke all the rules

My heart pounds as in chase

The ruby red rushes to my face

I think of what I have at home

When I hold her I will no longer roam

My chest tightens

My body becomes week

I have no voice left to speak

 My shadow stops still

It has found a new more exciting thrill

Today I am not his kill

But now I’m lost in the wild

With the stars to guide

Nowhere to hide

Just waiting to be found

Not a soul or sound

Just beauty all around

Thank God I am a survivor

And I have my love to live for

Tomorrow is another day

I will return to her

 This I  pray

No comments: