translate

Tuesday 11 December 2012

MY MAD AUNTS CHRISTMAS VISIT


MY MAD AUNT’S CHRISTMAS VISIT

 
Oh my word, what a day? OK, so my Aunt has been panicking for two weeks about coming on the train to see us. First time she has left Northumberland, first time she has visited our new house, even though we have lived here six month!

Well bless her she is so funny, like a little poodle dog. She pants a lot, yes, really she pants. She breathes and goes “OO, Oo.”  She has panic moments, hahahahaha. Everyone knows when my aunt is in town, she is absolutely mental. But so lovely and so caring. You could not take her many places. She has been known to  remove her false teeth in restaurants and tell the waiter she has done so. She does a little dance, when she goes into a shop and sees a sale rack. Yep, now you are with me?

She is tiny and moves so quickly. Hahahahahaha.

OK, so she left her tickets for two weeks, with her friend,  who hates us. Another story. Her friend would make sure she did not loss the tickets because she can not look after them.

Well that is what her controlling friend tells her. My poor aunt was a very confident lady nothing fazed her before she met this friend and the horrid other woman, stole her identity and took over her life. Well my Aunt who by the way, was a Doctor in a hospital with lots of qualifications, was allowed her tickets this morning and she left the house in her car to go to the station. Parked the car, in a right state as there had been an accident on the road. She missed her train. So that was a great start. She had to buy tickets again. Hub had to tell her how to do it though. She has never travelled by train. She was almost crying when she told us she had missed it.

Well, I told the taxi company here at our end, to watch out for her, she was  elderly and she had a brown leather coat on with a huge Christmas bag. Not, on, Haha, she wasn’t wearing a Christmas bag, but carrying it. After fifteen minutes, the taxi company called me and said the driver had been looking for my aunt and could not find her. I said I would try to phone her. I did, she did not answer, for ten minutes, I called again.  No answer, I called the company up and said we had lost our aunt. The lady on the other end, laughed, I said it was not funny, my poor aunt was in a state? The lady continued to laugh.

Well when I put the phone down, my aunt phoned me. She said the man had found her, he had been looking for a guide dog………

Well she got to us, bless her needing a strong coffee and of course, a nasty cigarette, so she went out to have her cancer stick and came in and had another drink and lunch.

We exchanged Christmas gifts. She as always brought Black beauty and Long chops  a gift, all wrapped and even a present for the Canary, Irish of course!

We went out to the town. The bus came immediately and we were in the city after half an hour. We had a great idea of showing aunt all around, after one shop, she said,

“Oh, can we go home now, my back is  killing? Hahahhahaha. I said lets  go to the little wooden houses that were put up for Christmas? Sadly, we only looked at three, but they were lovely, I wish I could find someone who loved shopping as much as I do?

The little wooden houses sold some beautiful hand crafts and the smell was stunning.  I was like a child in a sweet shop, just wanted to taste more candy, but was told I had to leave. I was hungry for the lovely offerings. This is when I wish I could see so much. I just so much I could put on my coat and jump on a bus, then go shopping in a free world?

We bought some lovely things and had a hot chocolate then came home. It was so cold I love the winter when it is crisp and cold.   

My teen was in from school and had the house looking lovely, with all the lights on. It was beautiful.

We had a warm drink and some cake and after a long chat, we went out for our evening meal, to our wonderful local Chinese  restaurant. Wow, it is called Moulan. The owner, Lewis is the most friendly person you could meet. He is so very warm and kind. The meal was delicious, my Aunt did not take her teeth out, and apart from going into the kitchen and asking if the owner would come out and take a photograph of us, she was well behaved, oh, there was the time, when she ate something hot, and made sounds like she was on fire? Hahahahah. She was great, a lovely sweet person where there is  never a dull moment.

    OK, tomorrow, I have a big thing going on, will tell you more later on in the week. Talk tomorrow, take care my friends, xxx

No comments: