translate

Wednesday 19 December 2012

CHRISTMAS KETTLEBELLS


KETTLEBELLS AT CHRISTMAS

 

Well, as you may know, we have fun with wrapping presents at Christmas? Is the paper facing the right way? As you may remember, I had wrapped loads of gifts, then my Teen told me that the tape I had used to stick them with, had  in huge black writing, “Fragile!” It was tape left over from when we moved and I did n’t realise, so all the pretty bows and tidy corners and folds, are finished off with blooming awful tape. Ha. Guessing what gift is what? Doing our sniff and shake test, but the teens gifts take some beating. I held up a bottle thinking it was my Hubs for his stocking, but teen reassured me, it was the shampoo he asked for. “Oops!” A week ago, teen went outside and found in our drive, a couple of heavy parcels, just lying there, obviously, waiting for a strong thief, because it was teens present for Christmas, his weights, his kettlebells, they are hand held weights. As he shouted to me, he has found the parcels on our drive, we realised, what they were. The delivery person was too lazy to knock, so just dumped them. Thankfully, if there were anyone looking to  steal them, they were week. So what to do? Hub and I froze as the realisation kicked in. Teen was about to pick up his very obvious weights, as we were told by email, all they did was wrap them in bubble wrap. Clear no box. So teen came in with a big smile saying, “Mum, I think it is the weights I hoped for for Christmas?” I said, “no, they will be the plant pots I asked Dad to get me!” He replied, “Right Mum, nice plant pots, good quality, very heavy!”

I thought, oh, God? Well my best friend told me that I had ordered the wrong weight, so we ordered another one, lighter and decided to keep one of the original ones for his birthday, well, that came this morning, before teen went to school. Just before eight. Hub and I were in the bedroom,  getting ready as the doorbell  rang and  guess who answered it? Yep, teen! Well Hub and I said, we give in. Then teen came into the bedroom laughing and said,

“There you go Mum, there is another plant pot! Gosh, that  one must have soil in it, it’s that heavy?”

Oh!

We watched a fantastic drama yesterday on the television. Called 13 steps, by Ruth Randal. It was brilliant and tonight we are watching a couple of shows we watched a week or so ago, Rod Stewarts Christmas and another Christmas show with the smooth man himself, Michael Bubble. Wonderful.       

Right, Hub went to the shop this morning on his own. I wanted to go with him, but he wanted to do it on his own. He has never been to that one before. How would he know where to go? How would he know where the opening was and shih way to go off the bus. He also has never been to the bus stop before where he had to wait for our local big shop. We needed wrapping paper though.

He left the house with Long chops and I just did some housework to keep busy. I really wanted to go on his  adventure with him, but soon realised he wanted to do it on his own, so it could be something he has done for me this Christmas. He has no fear either whereas me, I would not dare on my own, though with my new puppy guide dog Baby Waggatail, I really want to conquer the shops around there, as there are loads and we have not done them yet.

With Hub I would have loved to have gone perhaps another day, as I would like to do it with my Black beauty before her harness gets took off her in January.

When I am on my training, I will write my diary each day for you and let you know all our ups and downs. I just hope she will work for me. I also hope I can walk off the Christmas chocolates, as we are working every day even weekends, from the 7th of January. Waggatail comes to her hopefully new home on the 4th. I have something really exciting I hope to do for next year? I will tell you about it when I am up and ready, but I really am buzzing about it!

OK, I will next post the play I wrote for our church. If you are not from the UK, you may find some of the humour a tad difficult, but you will get the idea and put that  with the sweetest children, and the musical genius of hub on piano, and you will be there

No comments: