translate

Wednesday 5 December 2012

A PATH OF GOLD BY FIONA CUMMINGS


A PATH OF GOLD

By Fiona Cummings

 

I was ever so thirsty

When you brought a glass to me

You poured me a much needed drink

Little did I know it had been flavoured with poison

I took it with pleasure

As you were a kind person

How much did you measure

How calculated were your actions

How false were your affections

And why was it me who you wanted to kill

As though to feed me a lethal pill

Your plan went wrong

You didn’t expect anyone to interrupt

I never thought possible for you to be so corrupt

Cheating me out of my life

Slicing me slowly with a blunt knife

I was saved though and your no more

On  your own behind a closed door

Left with your map of destruction

Ice cold with no affection

I never thought it was possible

For me not to be miserable

I can drown the nasty thoughts now

But will always ask the question how

How could I have been such a fool

To be used as a tool

Goodbye to a cruel part of my world

And hello to a path of gold

 

No comments: