translate

Sunday 2 December 2012

A BRAND NEW HIGH BY FIONA CUMMINGS


A BRAND NEW HIGH

By Fiona Cummings

Shattered glass beneath my feet

Splintered wood is on my seat

On my palms is shredded skin

Excruciating pain  is deep within

ruby blood falls through my veins

Burning down on my face is tortured tears

Afraid to walk forward in case I bump into my fears

Chasing me is all of those years

Blocking me are fists so fierce

Kicking me to the ground

Chanting voices are all around

A life of tragedy

No one to help me

Nowhere to go to

A windscreen of mist

Fog covering my view

An iron fist

 Then as I fall as low as one can get

I take one more chance

One final bet

An angel came from above

To show me an unconditional way of love

No longer I am treat like a sinner

But shown I am a winner

Lifted to the highest point of life

Removed from my heart is that rusty knife

On wings I can fly

Like birds in the sky

I now want to live

No longer can I die

Your open arms to welcome me

Your sapphire sight to help me see

Your gentle touch to wipe clean the stains

Your loving words to remove the pains

My sad face

Is now replaced

By a warm smile of sunshine

That I wish to pass on in time

Because somewhere along the life line

Is someone who  walks in my shadow

To them I say hello

I wish to hold out my hand to them

And let them know they are not alone

As I fly on the angels wing again

Allowing me to fly over hurt and save them

When they are in deep despair

Tell them I care

Please don’t allow anyone to think

That there is no one there

I am here

So release your fear

I will catch you when you are falling

I will hear you when you are calling

Say my name

I can take your pain

So you too can fly

To a brand new high

No comments: