translate

Thursday 27 December 2012

TURKEY BROTH


Well Christmas has gone for another year. A month of preparation over so quickly, though we do have the lovely food left and chocolate, as well as looking at the beautiful things we received. Oh on the night of Christmas day, I was handed a box my Hub said he got from America. I  opened it and inside was the most well wrapped stunning ornaments. Beswick Beatrix Potter characters. Well, it’s not only, that I collect them, or the fact that I love  them, but it is where they came from, who they came from! My very generous borrowed family from the US. The beautiful ornaments were my  stolen Dads and between him and his lovely  wife, they kindly sent Hub them when he was in the US and Hub kept them for me for Christmas.

Oh, I  will treasure them for life. They mean so much to me, because of whom they came from and the history, that will live with me and be passed on to my teen as he knows where they are  from and what they mean to me. They are safely behind safe glass now, looking very cute and my lovely family forever will live on through, Benjamin Bunny, Mrs. Tiggy Winkle  , Squirrel Nutkin and all of the other beautiful animals Potter created.

Teen getting ready to meet with the posh girl now. It will take him two hours. He is meeting for dinner with her Mother tonight. It is our turn to reciprocate on Monday night. Glad she is first, so I know what to cook. I tease my Son and say I will cook beans on toast.

She is a very posh girl and goes to elocution classes and  has a private tutor. Our teen is on his way there soon for dinner. He really likes her so this could be heart ache for him. Oh to be a teen again? No thank you!

I swear, our dog, my Black beauty, has just sang the nursery rhyme, “Three blind mice? She is breathing so loudly these days. It was perfect pitch and in the tune of the rhyme. Hahahahaha.

Well I will go for now and need to prepare vegetables for Hubs turkey broth he is going to make. The stock is ready and the dogs are going crazy with the smell of it. Even as a vegetarian like me, I must say, it does smell rather lovely.

Take care till later my friends. xxx    

No comments: