translate

Sunday 30 December 2012

SOOOO SATISFYING SOFA


Well, today was the day when we were going hunting for a sofa for our conservatory. I was so up for it. I never before have bought anything on my own as a blind person, as before when I bought furniture, I was with my X who could see perfectly well. He just used to leave his credit card and brain at home. So I still did the ground work, with his help of getting me to the items we were to look at and telling me the colours. But he did not decide or choose. He left that up to me, because he  never showed interest in anything around the house

Well it is one bus stop away or a fifteen minute walk to our furniture shop, but we have not been taught the route to it, so we took a taxi there and back.

Hub was very anxious about it and I was so relaxed, as  long as we could get help when we were in there, I would be fine. Help in there? Ha, right?

So the lovely taxi driver dropped us off showed us where the door to the shop was, when I went in with Hub, we asked a lady who worked there if we could get some assistance. We knew she worked there because she was talking to a customer. When she finished, she said she would get someone. We are not sure why she, could not help, but never mind, we had found a nice sofa to sit on. After waiting for about fifteen minutes, I got cross, and I stood up. Hub asked where was I going? I told him to look for an assistant. I thought if they saw me walking around with my white cane, they would get worried I was going to knock over their lamps, but no one came. I did notice they were going to other people who had just come in, so I was getting more angry. Hub was getting a little anxious, so this made me more determined to get help. It was so funny, I thought I can not hear anyone now available, so I will ring the blooming shop. I did. Hahaha. It rang and rang. No one answered. Well, after de touring the dining tables and chairs, coffee tables and some dreadful sofas, we found the counter where there was a man sorting out finances. I stood almost over the poor people, but thought I  am not waiting any longer. He finished and we spoke up. He said he would get someone.  For God sake? So what is wrong with these people? I can tell you. To show blind people around their furniture, was like their worst customers. I mean, “How would they handle us? How would they communicate with us? We can not hear or talk? How would they guide us around the shop? We have no legs or brains, how would we blind people pay for anything? Little did they know that Hub earns more than two of their staff put together, won’t tell them about our mortgage or Xs to pay for but they knew nothing about us. To talk to blind people was obviously beneath them.

At last, after twenty five minutes, a very lovely man called Steve, came and took my hand, a little more familiar than I would have liked, an arm would have done, but bless him he was so lovely, and not over the top either, God, some  people have no idea how to guide us, we are just like you and won’t break, honest. We even move like you. One leg in front of the other.

This man was great, he talked about the colours and textures he was so natural.  Not at all condescending spoke to us like he would his brother and sister if they were buying a couch and were colour blind.

Turned out, he used to raise money for guide dogs and  rightly so proudly has a picture of him handing over a cheque to guide dogs. He raised enough money when he was fifteen to buy four guide dogs. What  a lovely man.

So we sat on the sofa’s and tried all of the recliners out. We bought one in the end. Oh I am really excited about it. Hub wanted to buy class as he always does, For the conservatory, I was not too fussed. If it was the living room, different, we got an excellent deal. Real leather and so very comfortable. Oh it’s great. Though we have to wait fourteen weeks for it. I asked was that to give the calf’s time  to be born? Poor things, here is me being a vegetarian and buying a leather couch? Bad really. Double standards, kind of. Well we would  look funny sitting on a cabbage!

So April is when our sofa is coming.

We did it. We are so strong together and life sometimes is a nightmare, and sometimes, more times than enough,  we are so flat because we end up not doing things we  want to but when we do, oh it is a great feeling.

So when we took our money tin into the bank, all those coins we collected, have  gone to pay for the

sofa, we just need to add £98 to make up the extra money.

Teen had gone to the grocery shop to buy the dinner for lover girl coming tomorrow. I must admit, I am really looking forward to meeting her.

She sounds a lovely girl. The only thing is, he has met her at least five years too early, as I am sure they will have split up before it is time for them to marry.

But you never know, he could end up dating her for years and then marrying her, but I  hope not for years, as I want him to have a life first.

I am sure her parents will say the  same.

OK,  tomorrow I had so many ideas, but teen asked for Spaghetti Bolognese. So that is what we are having, well, they are having. I will have the spaghetti.

Oh, on Wednesday, my lovely friend from school is coming and I can’t wait to see her. I think she is bringing her nineteen year old daughter too. That  will be lovely, as I get on with her too. Really looking forward to seeing my little pal.

At school, we were really close. Hub, her and I, were all at school together when we were very tiny, till we were twelve. We will all be together again.

She is a great friend, one who I hardly see, but we know each other are always there.

Oh, must add, she has a wonderful name too. So pretty, really beautiful. It means white Scottish flower. Hahaha.

Till laters my Bloggets. x.

No comments: