translate

Saturday 22 December 2012

christmas meal with friends


We were to go to the town today, but as we woke at silly hour, to beat the crazy, Christmas crowds, we heard the rain pattering on our windowpain. Felt the chill of the room as I put my arm out to stop the alarm, then the warmth of the bed again and the pillow, begging for my head to stay. Well, how could I disappoint my pillow? I neglect it enough as it is, I mean, here I am, after half three and I am down writing to you! The poor thing hardly sees me as it is, so thank Goodness, Hub had the same idea and bed won the tug of war, bed or town.

We met with our friends from church tonight. Our funny Welsh friend and his wife and daughter. We went for a meal in the town. It was a small restaurant, with a long table. Hub boasted about sitting next to the heater, rather funny really, as half way through the meal, he was boiling. He soon  found the plug and turned it off. The meal was lovely and the company was charming. Our teen and theirs, the pretty girl, I am sure decorated the restaurant with their beauty. Hub and our lady friend, kept the brain motivated and  Welsh friend and I kept the smiles going, haha.

It was a lovely evening and Welsh friend is the first person that Hub really likes as a friend, someone he can gel with and feel comfortable  in the same company.

  I could not believe it though the two men,  ate Rudolf before Christmas? Venison. Yack? No presents for them!

Poor teen, still struggles with meat, it is sweet to see him, trying to decide what to eat, he plays safe and has beef most of the time. I wish he was still a vegetarian? He was until we went to America a couple of years ago and he so wanted to try the burgers there. I remember the first time he told me he no longer wanted to be a vegetarian. Oh it was awful. I felt like someone had kicked me in the stomach. He always loved animals and I was so proud of him. I felt so let down, but could not do anything about it. He was thirteen and he had to  decide.

I tell you this, and hub will agree, he has had  more colds and bad stomachs, since he has started to eat meat.

It was rather funny being told of the people passing the restaurant, as there were a lot of people in fancy dress and others in Christmas jumpers. Men with bright yellow jumpers on with baubles and Christmas trees hanging off.

My lovely brother in law, is coming in just four hours and I need to dust. Yep, at this time. I  best go now and do that will chat later my friends. Keep safe and know I am thinking about you. x

No comments: