translate

Thursday 27 December 2012

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Happy Anniversary  By Fiona Cummings

 

You took my hand in yours

From that day I walked through opened doors

Into rooms of full blooms

Dreams and magical themes

We took a knife

And sliced our wedding cake

Man and wife

How far we have travelled

 From that first date

Tough decisions we have had to make

And happy memories we do share

By my side you are always there

To know you love me

To know you care

We have spoken of tragedy

And sang in harmony

Faced wars as though we are in the military

And stood on ceremony

 When we have had to behave

Together held on to each other

When we have needed to be brave

We will love one another forever

And we made our home our place

Your youthful looks

Have been replaced

With loving laughter lines

Upon your face

Your exciting grand entrance into a party

  Has turned into a presence of grace

I now wear warm cosy knitted jumpers

Rather than dresses of lace

But we have  stood the time

And you are still mine

I no longer care about fashion

But I think about being comfortable

I remember the passion

Now I’m happy with a cuddle

As long as there is you and me

I want to say Happy Anniversary

No comments: