translate

Monday 10 December 2012

NOT A THRILLING DRILLING


Well I went with Hub, BB and LC, our dogs to the dentist. It was so cold. A real crisp sunny numb December day. We crossed our four roads then waited at the fifth and found the Dentist without any difficulty, though my Black beauty, is almost ready to retire and a sad day that will be? She is my first guide dog and little did she know, the sacrifice I went through to get her?

I of course will keep her, I am lucky enough to be able to do that, a lot of blind people can’t, they have to give them away as specially if they live on their own.

My friend is having  to do that in the new year, he is dreading that and is talking about giving her a lovely Christmas this year. Can you imagine, having a dog to do so much for you and when it is too  old to help, you say “Goodbye? That must kill? He has no  choice though, he lives on his own so there is no one to look after the retired dog whilst he is out at work and he can be out about twelve hours a day.

So my little BB, did good and up the three flights of stairs we went. I found the right door, then the reception and finally the chairs and they had no bodies on them, ha, so we were good to sit.

Then I did my people listen. I love that there, Hub tuned into the radio playing Classic FM, guessing all the composers whilst I listened to a couple next to us bless them, he was tone  deaf and she was a right battle ship. What a bruiser? Poor old soul could not hear her and she spoke in a hard but quiet voice, he kept saying Sorry? Or Pardon? But she would not make her voice any louder and they  both were a little on the senile side, as they kept saying the same things over and over again, so it went like this!

“Oh, I should not have come today?

“Pardon?”

“I said, I should not have come today?

Then, she said

“If I knew it was not going to be him, I would have said I’m not seeing the other one!”

“Sorry?

“I said. And she repeated it. Then she said

“I was meant to be seen at one, it’s now half past!” He said

“Pardon?

“Oh, I said!” and she went on.

Then it was all repeated about three times, the same words as though they had never been said before. In the end, she turned to him and said,

“We should just go home?

“Sorry?

“I said, we should go home?

“Pardon?

“Let’s go home?”

“No, we are here now!” Then five minutes later, the same was said. Bless them.

Well I left BB and my coat with Hub and I went into the torture chamber. The sweet twelve year old dentist, is so lovely, but trust me to get a new starter? I think she did her work experience at a vet surgery. She was pretty brutal. OMG? The needle. The dreaded needle. It lasted over thirty seconds. I felt so dizzy, after Russia, I have a phobia of needles and the room danced in time to the rhythm of the music she was playing on the radio.

She asked if I wanted the music turned up and I told  her no, I needed to hear my heartbeat, to see if it still was going after her treatment. She laughed, I wasn’t  joking.

After one hour we left, I  could have passed out with fear, but I walked home, passing all the little children from the first school, the zoo as I refer to it in previous blogs.

A lady said, “Oh, Hi there Fiona!” I thought, Oh, God, is she talking to me, because believe me, I have been known to say hello and then find out that I am not the only Fiona in the world? Hahahahaha. Embarrassing or what?

I then heard her use my Hubs name and I recognised her voice. I told her I had been to the dentist and felt like I had Botox. She answered,  oh I know, the cold does that to you doesn’t it? I thought, “Right, so I told her again I had been to the dentist and that is why I felt as though I had Botox and probably looked like the elephant man. Hahahahah. Bless her it was one of my neighbours and she is so sweet a lovely friendly girl.

Well we continued to play avoid the child and went home to the teen who was waiting from school, but he has a key, so he was OK!

Just finished ironing nine white shirts of Hubs, we stick with white then there is not a problem  matching with suits. He has loads of beautiful ties, to jazz the white up!

Teen helps us with the colours of those bless him.

Must go now to get ready to be auntied. Yes eleven hours my Aunt who is a fruit loop, will visit our newish house for the first time, She is my only relative and I love her loads, just want her to enjoy her day and it will be a long one and I am sure a hilarious one with her, as she is so funny.

My friend in Mexico, is doing great now thank God.

  Night for now all of the hugs in the world. x

No comments: