translate

Wednesday 19 December 2012

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MUM BY FIONA CUMMINGS


 I wish I could bring you a gift

If I could that would give me such a lift

It would be wrapped in purple paper

And a silver bow

I would bring you a cake with one candle that would flicker

So tasty you would say wow

I would tell you how much I loved you

That would be a dream come true

I would say how much I miss you

That also would be true

I would hug you so close

And pick you the reddest rose

I would write words in your card

That would not be hard

I would make you a birthday tea

Like you always did  for me

I would give you the world

If you would just come back

I miss you so very much Mum

And that is  a fact

I ache for the fun

For you are the icing on the birthday bun

The cream that the cat got

I wish you had not gone

Floods of tears go on

And memories from times  gone by

So many questions

I need to know why

Why did you leave me so needing your love

Why go so early to heavens above

Where ever you are right now

I hope you are doing yourself proud

And I hope that there are a host of angels

In your birthday crowd

Wishing you a happy birthday Mum

With  all of my heart

A gift I would like to give you

Is a promise when we next meet

We will never part

As dearest Mum in heaven above

You are always in my heart

 

No comments: