translate

Thursday 6 December 2012

A VELVET KISS BY FIONA CUMMINGS


A VELVET KISS

Every year I bring you out of the Christmas sack

With your velvet hat, your tweed coat and your shiny boots in black

   Your tartan scarf and  your crystal tears that fall down your face

What does this mean

Do you belong in this house do you have a place

Do you mind hanging from our tree

Do you know how much you mean to me

I bought you some years ago

When I had to face Christmases without  my  Mum and Dad

When life was so painful so very sad

So your tears, are they of joy or tears of sadness

This is what people wonder when they see you

All  I know is I love you

You are so cute and mean so much to me

You are what represented my family

Warm and wonderful

Full of love

Kind and beautiful

I hope they can see from up above

That I wanted to remember them on Christmas day

In such a sweet way

And you little memorable teddy bear

Are there to care

I love my Christmas tree as you are always there

No comments: