translate

Thursday 27 December 2012

PARENTING


OK, my teen left in good time, earlier than he wanted. I told him to as I  said you never know if the bus will be late? Thankfully he took notice of me and did so. He called me and said  he was pleased he listened to me as his bus had broken down and he was in a street waiting for a replacement.  So he was  to go to his girlfriend’s house,  to meet with his pretty posh girl’s Mother. In the grand house with the rich parent and I guess to be  grilled on his intentions for her daughter, as if I was the girl’s Mother, I  too would be worried.

She is a beautiful tall slim blonde with a good brain, at the start of her exams. Not sure this is a good time to be in love. Anything in the way of her education, may prove to be an obstacle.

Well that was many hours ago. Now it is almost eleven and he is not home. He was told to be home by half past nine. I know he is almost sixteen, well, in three months, but he still has curfews. It is in the middle of town too. Oh I feel sick with worry. He has his phone off, or there is no reception. The busses are off soon for the night too! I just wish I knew he was OK?

I know her name, do  not know her Mother’s name. I don’t know the address either. Oh what has gone on? Where is he?

My Hub says the Mother will give him a lift at this time of night, but I am sure she won’t. I would arrange a taxi home, if I could get through to him!

So now my heart is pounding and I feel so sick. I am  imagining  all sorts.

Hub is more positive and says  if the Mother is making a dinner, it may have gone on longer than we thought, but he would always contact me, he knows what I am like, so now I am going to go and clean up and try to keep busy. Really this is awful.

The poem I wrote below, is for older friends who have been married for quite some years. As for Hub and I we have only been married for three years, though have known one another since we were six.

OK, will let you know how Teen got on, when I find out myself.

Take care my friends x

No comments: