translate

Wednesday 26 December 2012

FLYING AWAY BY FIONA CUMMINGS


FLYING AWAY BY FIONA CUMMINGS

In the arms of an angel

I was lifted high

His kiss is like ice

Fresh from the sky

 tears turn into crystals

I don’t know how or why

Clouds formed soft cushions below

Like a magical marshmallow pillow

The sun turned the snow into fresh milk

And where we landed was ribbons of silk

We ate winter berries

And pink little fairies

Danced to my angel playing a harp

Stones and rocks became like chocolate drops

Not at all rugged and sharp

Frozen grass blades blew in the breaze

Blooms of yellows grew on the trees

The ice capped rivers melted so blue

Echoed words whispered “I love you

I wanted to ask my angel what was his name

He was so perfect like a picture in a frame

I looked into his eyes

but they were not there

though I just knew he had a see through stare

I read his face

He wanted to care

I touched his heart

He would always be there

But we had to part

Though only in sight

He taught me a lesson

To keep up the fight

He said I had to go on

Though my suffering would not last too long

As he would clear the pathway for me

To help me to see

What is the best route to go

Shovelling up the snow

Sweeping away the autumn leaves

Clearing the overgrown foliage from summer

And sleeping daffodils from spring

Hearing clear sounds of the church bells which ring

 Giving me the miracle of seeing within

Souls from the past and friends who will last

Knowing what to say each and every day

Oh I will never forget the  time we flew away

No comments: