translate

Wednesday 20 July 2016

THE LAST TRAIN BY FIONA CUMMINGS


THE LAST TRAIN

BY FIONA CUMMINGS

Waiting for the train

That moment has come around again

That sound I dread

For tears fall on my face

Memories in my head

Why can’t time freeze in the same place?

Let that moment last forever

Why does life have to hit us

Like stormy weather

Or that on coming bus

I can’t make a fuss

As that will make things worse

But I do wonder if we are cursed?

Handing a child chocolate

Then shouting wait?

Just before my heart

Is my love, constantly having to part

One more kiss

His arms of love I will surely miss

Words so kind

He is a real find

As we look into each other’s eyes

One more sigh

No words needed

Such pain is created

As silver tears falls from his steel blue eyes

I come second and lose the prize

He just can’t leave her

Not now he says

First it was days

Then weeks months now years

She has a hold on him

So are his loving words thin?

I don’t believe so

For when he lets me go

And strolls away

It tells in his actions, his walk his way

What can she offer that I can’t?

I would give him anything he would want

Do whatever he would like from me

All I would ask in return

Is for him to be true to me

But instead inside I burn

Will I ever learn?

Why can’t I be strong?

As the train chugs along

Wave goodbye and without him I would carry on

But who then will I dream of

Who will be in my heart to love

Who will tenderly kiss my lips?

Catch me if I trip

Who will make promises to me

Though so far they are false

Who would dance with me

That dreaming wedding waltz

There is no room in my life for another

I just need my lover

But no longer want to have to share

Does he ever think like me?

Or does he really not care

Well as the train pulled out of the station

I have decided to turn my love to aggression

That is the only way I can cope

At least that way I have hope

A future for me and not waiting for another train

For I realised that day

That train will never come my way again

 

© Fiona Cummings

No comments: