translate

Sunday 24 July 2016

DIARY OF THE WEEKEND BY FIONA CUMMINGS


(Written over two days)

 Good evening Bloggets. Gosh another red hot day. Seven in a row. And a couple of months ago, six in a row, so in total, we have had 13 days of summer. We as I have said before don’t have air conditioning in our houses, most would say it’s not worth it. And it is really expensive. It would be lovely though to have at nights, as the bedroom is so hot and stuffy. We do have windows open but there is no air comes through.

 

Right now, my loved one is in the loft getting our other fan… Poor thing, it’s boiling up there, he is brave, blind in a loft is not a good place… One step wrong and he could fall through. I wish we had nothing up there. But in this house, there are no cupboards. And, I’m a storage operator.

 

Teen is stretched out on the bed outside. This time of night, eight o clock and it’s warm enough to do this. So unusual.

 

He has had a busy day, the gym this morning, then out for the day with a friend and after last night, a long drive to a lovely place it’s an old fishing harbour and very quaint, with little fisherman’s cottages, a huge church and a beautiful bridge. He went at seven and returned home at half twelve that’s half midnight. He had a great time, went for good old Fish & Chips and on the beach, met a gentleman with a retired guide dog, who teen said was like a huge bear. The dog, that is, not the guy…

 

Then he went to feed a horse. Hahaha. I asked what did he feed it? Reply? Grass…

 

O

K

So he is in a field full of grass and he feeds him grass… Teen said the horse loved it. I asked was it a looked after horse? As when they are in a field on their own, I ache for them. Teen said he had eyes like the Little Fella. I asked what did he mean? Answer,

Very sad lonely eyes.

Oh, bless, no?

 

Well LF’s head may look sad but his bottom half is always wagging, even more so than the wagging one of Waggatail.

 

OK now those who know me well will know that measurements are not my thing… So I sent for a wind chime for my apple tree in the front garden. I love chimes, also in our long avenue of all sorts, I can find my way home, well my house as we don’t have gates, so if I hear my bells, I know which direction to go in…

 

Our apple tree isn’t big at all.

My new wind chimes?

Oopsy…

Em.

Kind of ginormous. You could hang them from a third floor balcony and they would not look out of place… They are beautiful though, it’s a metal peacock with it’s plumage all large blue glass they said beads, but to me like egg shaped flat glass bits. Teen said it looks beautiful, but it’s not on my apple tree. It’s in the back garden, hanging from the metal arch I have with roses growing around it. Or, thorns. We can’t get rid of those roses, though they kill us, trying to attend them, as my Mum in law gave us them. So they are close to our heart, funny thing is, when she gave us them, she boasted that they were the kind without thorns? Haha.

 

We phoned our Dad up the other night, Hub spoke to him. We always feel so sad when we come off the phone. I just wish we lived closer to him. He lives miles away from the train station too. I so badly wish I could turn back time to get my Mum in law back.

 

That was written last night. Now, Sunday. I’m sitting in my back garden at my table. The breeze is stunning today, it’s so hot but not too hot. We have had some rain. Behind my earphones, I could be almost any ware, as the traffic on the dreaded road is in the distance and I only hear the voice of my writing. Sadly, though with the earphones on I don’t hear the birds. We had some rain before but now, oh it’s like being in Italy… Hahaha. I guess that is the good thing about being blind, I could be anywhere if I just use my imagination, forget my sense of smell and just chill with the day.

 

Our dogs went out with June this morning. Bless her she took both LF and Wagga. LF came back as though he had never been away, Waggatail? Oh heck, well they say they as in Guide Dog team, match the owners… I had to go and check if she was still alive as she was floored and didn’t move when I entered the room. That is unusual as normally our dogs stand up as we approach them as they know we can’t see and they get out of the way…  Wagga has just decided the pain of moving is greater than me tripping up over her… She obviously hasn’t been Fifi’d.

 

I went into the gym/garage this morning as if I don’t do it first thing, I build up some kind of hatred towards exercise. We put the fan in there and it worked like a treat. I managed 26 minutes today, which to most people reading will be pathetic. But for me, it was a blooming marathon. I started just ten minutes, then twelve fifteen twenty for ages and today 26. I hope tomorrow to do the same then try for the big 3 0.

 

I have lost 2lbs this week. Woopid ee doo

I mean, when I come out of there, I look like I need CPR.

 

People think I have a tan. No. It’s the blood rush love!

 

Hub spent longer in the gym than me, just enough time for me to take a sneaky look at the job application I’ about to attempt to fill in. oh boy, I feel so afraid. Never am I afraid to write, I love writing, but this is so important. It’s based so much on experience, well in the work place I have none, as far as volunteering, loads. Life, more. Now to persuade the readers that I’m the best person for the job? A challenge for sure. I know of some of the other applicants and two out of four of them are brilliant and deserve to get the job. All I can offer the organisation is my honour in loyalty and commitment and passion to get the best job done.

 

It’s based on a points system. Not sure about how many I would need but a lady from the office told me last week that is how it is as I told her Hub wasn’t going to help at all and to be honest, that is how I want it. I don’t want to get to the interview stage because my brain box of a Hubby wrote words to paper. I want to know I have done this on my own. The only thing I feel really uncomfortable about is I’m going head to head with my friend and I don’t like that. I feel disloyal towards her. Mind you, she has miles more chance of getting the job than I do. She also already works for the team.  Tomorrow when I am on my own I will try to fill in the application form. Try with a capital T.

 

I have never done this in my life. I have only been for two job interviews. One when I was 22 the other six years ago. My first interview I got, but my ex didn’t want me to go for it as it was in an office full of men who were not shy in where they were looking as I walked in the main room as my ex took me and waited in the main entrance. The second job I was told my interview was fantastic but didn’t have the experience, well this is the thing, this job is much bigger so not sure I have the guts to even think for a minute that I should embarrass myself. People surely will think who does she think she is? I am buzzing for it though; I can’t explain what is going through my head right now… How can a person like me even think I can go for such a position? I wish I could put into more eloquent words just what I mean, I guess it’s one of those situations where by you have to know my past and mind and right now, I don’t even know my mind, all I know is I am walking forward and not stopping now until something comes out of this year. Come my new year’s blog, I want to have something totally massive that has occurred in my life and something that is not only huge but positive.

 

Teen is now cleaning the inside of his car. I told him off the other day, he washed the outside of his car and used my blooming good bathroom towel to dry it with?

 

Someone is having a BBQ and it smells so delicious. I wish I had thought earlier about it and I would have done one too.

 

Looking again at the house we are staying in when we go on holiday, oh my goodness it looks so beautiful. Contemplating on whether to ask Teens friend, but we will see.

 

OK will go for now just wanted to drop in and see how you all were and thank you all for sharing my blogs this week gosh you have really helped to spread them all over the globe and the stats are really high this week, you are so loyal coming back and for that I’m touched.  Xx

No comments: