translate

Thursday 28 July 2016

MAGNOLIA BY FIONA CUMMINGS


MAGNOLIA

BY FIONA CUMMINGS

Beautiful words he whispered to me

Under the peach bloomed magnolia tree

He held me gentle as we reminisced

And cupped my face as we kissed

Gosh I’d forgotten how much I missed

This  gift of absolute bliss

All feelings came back to me

Under the huge magnolia tree

This feeling is meant to be

And I’m not letting go

When we return to the magnolia tree

In winters of snow

When bare branches bow low

My eyes I will close

Memories will return to me

Our hearts blood shall flow

As red as a December rose

Seasons come and go

And in nipping November

I will remember

As clear in my mind I will see

My first love

Under the magnolia tree

Only from now on

 Forever by my side, he will be

© Fiona Cummings

No comments: