translate

Wednesday 13 July 2016

DANCING WITH MY SHADOW BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Dancing with my shadow

By Fiona Cummings

Eyes closed tight

Though can see the moonlight

In the inky sky

It’s a cool night

 Disco starlight’s

Music from a distant cello

As I reach so high

I stand on tiptoes

Dancing with the shadows

Fragrance from a nearby rose

With raindrops forming crystals

Flickering are the candles

Forming dancing partners

Of mirroring shadows

All alone, my own zone

Whilst others sleep, head on pillows

And the world it creeps, I dance with shadows

The tall trees

Bow to their knees

Waving branches

Taking chances

Not to spoil the shadows dances

In the lake I see the moon

It’s our very own ballroom

Lilly’s sway

As natures rhythms play

But our waltz must end by day

As the shadows hide away

© Fiona Cummings

No comments: