translate

Thursday 14 July 2016

I LOVE YOU DEARLY BY FIONA CUMMINGS


I LOVE YOU DEARLY

BY FIONA CUMMINGS

 It doesn’t matter really

What is said or done anymore

I love you dearly

Though again you walk out of the front door

Same old words

Anything that hurts

It’s fine really

I still love you dearly

You don’t want to come near me

Make me feel like a trod on penny

But that is alright, really

I still love you dearly

I go to bed alone

Clutching onto my phone

But you don’t call

I’m used to that now really

Put up with it though

Because I love you dearly

You make me feel so small

As I hear your keys on the table in the hall

And I know where you have been

But you know I love you dearly

Still reeking of her perfume

As you pass by what was our bedroom

And close the other door

You won’t come near me

My heart hits the floor

But still, I love you dearly

© Fiona Cummings

No comments: