translate

Wednesday 6 July 2016

THE FIRST TIME BY FIONA CUMMINGS


THE FIRST TIME

BY FIONA CUMMINGS

The first time we met on our own

Our time our zone

Was my dream about to come true?

Something I’ve wanted since I met with you

Just you and me

By the sea

I was so afraid in case you wouldn’t be there

But as I walked through the long grass

I saw your face, your hair

As I continued on my path

Blades bowing as I past

And salt in the air

My dream would come true at last

Gosh you looked so handsome

I knew you were the only one

No one ever could touch my heart

The way in which you did

For so long your lips I have wanted to kiss

But something always forbid

As the turquoise ocean danced behind you

And framing your face, sky so blue

The orange sun burnt the sand

Traces of my footsteps I left behind

As you reached out to take my hand

Your eyes were so kind

You were such a find

My heart was full

And my stomach danced

That day was beautiful

It was pure romance

We walked along the dampened sand

Picking up seashells as we planned

We had the future canned

This was our land

Our world

Grains of gold

A love story to be told

As the gulls flew by

In turning cobalt sky

We had to say goodbye

But only for a while

I will never forget your smile

The way in which you held me close

And our lips touched

I loved and love you so very much

 

© Fiona Cummings

No comments: