translate

Sunday 31 July 2016

I DON'T LIKE MONDAYS


Good evening Bloggets. rained a little today, then was red hot with the sun, then so cold with a wind to match.

 

I have filled in the job application form. Seriously I very much doubt I will get any further because they want to know of my past three employers. And it’s obligatory that I answer. And if there are none? You may as well stop. So all I have done is said who I have volunteered for.

 

Twelve pages filled in with everything but my shoe size. They wanted to know my sexuality, what has that got to do with a job? My age, what is my origin and religion. Oh, and if I am a Miss, Ms, Mrs Dr Lady and so on. At least it was accessible. There is no way they are going to employ me when I have helped out at coffee mornings ears ago in a church, translated for a college lecturer, years ago, was a classroom assistant, volunteering again again years ago and volunteered at Guide Dogs for a year. Not when people from University and many past roles are applying. Am I mad? Yes, it’s for sure I am.

 

I hope when we go on holiday it’s warm, it should be. Not sure yet, but there may be a fourth person coming with us. Will have to wait and see if this person can get time off work.

 

I’m still liking my IPhone, not chucked it out of the window yet. Mind you adding numbers is a total nightmare. I can see myself not adding all of my contacts. It is different though getting used to touch screen. Nothing to feel, no buttons. Not being able to see and just moving your finger across a glass is simply weird.

 

Our besties are coming next weekend for the day, looking forward to seeing them. It’s been too long. A friend of mine put a status up today on a social network which read something on the lines of “The people you want to spend most time with live far away.” It’s so true.

 

I was thinking about my friends today, and apart from a handful of school friends, about six of them, and may be three local friends, the rest of my friends are years older than me. One is about ten years older, another twelve, but then there are a few who are eighteen years plus older than me and when they go, it will leave a huge gap in my life.

 

One of my friends is much much older than me, more than old enough to be my Mum and another my Grandmothers age and again, I doubt they will be here in ten years… I know that sounds awful, but I worked out that in ten years fifteen most, I will probably have lost half a dozen friends and two wonderful contacts who I care about so much. I know people say you will meet new pals, but that isn’t the point, I have only lost one friend in my life caused by tragedy to lose six plus at the age I am, will be really sad.

 

Teen is out, it’s really late, not sure where he is, he said town, I wanted to ask him something and tried to text then call. Nothing back. His phone is on answering machine. He has tomorrow off work so I bet it will be a late night or early morning for him before he returns, no matter if Hub has to get up for work… Speaking of Hub, he is now as I type, in our gym I so couldn’t do that today. It’s too cold and I did too much yesterday, I feel like a horse has kicked me from the inside out.

 

So the top ten countries who are with us tonight are, Chile, Belize, UK, India, America, Australia, United Arab Emirates, Germany, Canada and Russia. Thank you all and for those who just didn’t get in the top ten, you are equally as important to me and our growing Blogget family. Almost 33,000

 Viewers this year alone and thanks for your shares, there has been four thousand views this week!

 

Monday tomorrow, I don’t like Mondays. But the good thing is, once we wake up in the morning, we are already closer to Tuesday.

 

I was reading that on average people in the UK don’t smile until after eleven in the morning on a Monday.

 

I think everyone should have a big cheesy grin on their faces first thing in the morning. Only if you are in public of course, if you are alone in your house, hahaha, it may be pointless, but as I say, if you smile, the whole world smiles with you. Xxx

No comments: