translate

Wednesday 20 July 2016

TALKING ABOUT TOP TRAVEL TIPS & TEEN ON TOUR


A short diary and top tips on travel

Well, I think I had one hours sleep last night. That was well after five this morning. Oh my goodness the heat was unbearable and of course in the UK most houses don’t have air conditioning. We have radiators and fire places though. Smile.

 

It’s almost lunch time and my dog is unusually quiet, still and very sleepy. May be she didn’t get sleep either? I felt so sorry for them during the night, I got up, came downstairs and put down some water for them. They came so excited, too excited for 3.a.m.

And why? Because the little monkeys expect milk with their water every time now, it is the only way I can get LF to drink water. We put it on his dinner too lots of it and I said last night, it’s a shame really if he hates it, it’s like us having really watery gravy on our lovely dinner. But having lost one dog due to kidney failure, I don’t want to go through that again. She was my pet and she was eighteen when she died, but what a death?

 

Oh our dog food came today, and I have said before most delivery people we get here are foreign and speak very poor English. They annoy me as they don’t understand simple requests like can you tell me please where to sign, as I’m blind, or could you put it there please? Well, today I asked him to put the two heavy boxes in my pre opened garage? Take two, then three, I gave up on the lingo and pointed. Have you ever seen a blind person point? Haha. Seriously I just kind of hoped I was pointing in the right direction. Well they went in so I must have been, right?

 

As he was lifting the heavy boxes on this hot sticky day, he put them down and said in a tired/exhausted voice. F**k

Really? Should I take him to one side and tell him this is not the excepted language?  No, get him off my property and lock my door. Mind you, the few words he said, he had a very sexy voice.

Yes, get him off my property. Haha. Joking, it’s too hot.

Oh, and I’m far too loyal.

Smile

 

Hub and I went out and did our not so favourite pass time of gardening last night. It was a barmy evening, I cut back the roses, heck, what a mess that part of the garden is. I can’t wear gloves as can’t feel, if I can’t feel, I can’t find.

 

My fingers and hands are cut to bits. And who knows if my rose bush is looking any better, it can’t look worse. Hub watered the apple tree and that is as far as our gardening skills go.

 

Hub is at Peterborough for the last time today, mind you, the last time has been going on for a few months now. What started as just helping out, has turned into about nine months. I bet you a tenner, he will return.

 

Oh one more sleep before teen returns. Thank goodness. I can’t wait. Now what time he is due? No one knows. As for the airport he is landing in? Hmm. Your guess is as good as mine, and his. Haha.

 

He went to see Craig David last night, they had a booth, bottle and a waitress. After the show, there was an after party. I think he will sleep for a week when he returns. Mind you, he is suffering from not going to the gym, so that may be first priority, after a huu’uu’uuge hug for his Mum. Then how long will it take him to unpack? Hehehe.

 

Talking of packing, here are some tips, I have written about this in previous summer posts, but for those who were on holiday at the time and missed those blogs, smile, here goes again.

 

Firstly, check out the weight restriction with your flight suppliers.

Also, how many bags can you take?

Take the quotes worlds lightest suitcase. They are so light even when full. If you have a big heavy leather case, a lot of your weight will be in the case.

 

Take a hand held digital scale with you to weigh your case before you return home, whereas at home, you can use your own scales, the ones in the bathroom, that normally weigh you.

Get on without your case then with. It’s the difference between your weight and your case that roughly your case will weigh.

 

Gels pastes and creams can’t excel 100ml and must be in closed bottles/tubes, and in a clear bag.

 

It is a fallacy that a designer suitcase will get you an upgrade, but it may attract a thief.

For our little ones, the trunk case makes it possible for the tantrums to be timed by your child being able to ride on their case.


 

 

70% of luggage on the carousel are black, so coloured cases or a ribbon on your handle of the case will help you to locate it among many of the other luggage.

 

Fold your clothes or roll. Pack your shoes near the or on top of the wheels. Anything sharp, bury in clothes or it will go right through the material when another case is put on top of your case with the pointy object. Stuff your shoes with socks and other underwear to save space, as long as your shoes don’t replica a triangle of cheese.

Don’t pack wrapped gifts they could be opened. If there are two of you travelling try to split both of your clothes between two cases, just in case one goes missing, case, not person. Smile.

Always put your flight and destination in your case as well as the label on your baggage just in case, pardon the pun. The label falls off.


 

 

If you do have young children these websites are great, if you are from the UK, but I bet they have the same in your country if not?

Gosh they didn’t have this when I had my Teen.


 

 

Use a TSA approved padlock. This means staff at the airport will be able to open rather than break your case.

Oh this is a great idea. It’s £4.99 roughly per year. Not holiday, but year, for a plastic label that can track your case


 

if your case goes missing, even if you are told it’s on the next flight, fill in a PIR report.

 

Luggage is held for 100 days in the UK and after that, it goes to auction and sold for charity


 

 

 

Wherever you are off to this year, enjoy and if you are staying at home, great, keep me company and I will you. X

No comments: