translate

Saturday 9 July 2016

SATURDAYS COFFEE CUP


Good day Bloggets. It’s raining, gentle breeze and again, not summer. Chicken and sausages cooking in the oven, I am having a coffee break talking with you as my back is breaking. I have just spent about fifteen minutes of intense dusting.  I say intense, well, let me explain! I have two pillars in the front of my living room. Kind of looks as if the house has been extended and these were put in to support the house. But no, this is the way the house has been designed. So the pillars come about two feet from my huge deep windowsill and before there was a gap. With nothing in. I can’t stand that, so put our large well tall floor standing speakers in there and it looked OK as they fit perfectly. Then we wanted much smaller speakers to go with what is accessible to playing our music, and that is the story Hub is sticking to. So we sold, sorry, we wanted to sell them to a colleague of Hubs but we never got the money for them. Sad when people do that. Anyway, we got a fantastic though interesting joiner to fit shelves for us. I say interesting as he was. Not the guy we have now, but another who let’s say, well, had issues. But I tell you, he was probably still being, a fantastic joiner, the best I have ever known.

 

He put these lovely shelves in and even gave them a lovely edging like I asked. They are perfect, and as I sit on my sofa, I’m facing the window, so each alcove is at either side of the window. On the right I have loads of elephants and bears. Ornaments of course, not the fluffy kind or even not the real deal. Smile… And on the left, are angels, fairy’s, Pegasus/Unicorns and two shelves of Beatrix Potter characters. I treasure them all. And dust them all. Not wanting to break them, I have to methodically remove each one, put it on my windowsill and dust the shelf, put the ornaments back on with great care in exactly order of height and in a perfect line. Who said I was OCD?

 

Well because of this, my blooming back is killing as I so have to concentrate to remember where each one goes. OK, for a blind person is this sensible? Possibly not, but one, when sighted people see my collection they are shocked that quotes, a blind person would bother, and I like to shock. And Two, in my mind I see my lovely ornaments and they are a part of me and they are a part in where I got them and who from. Most I bought myself but some I got from people I love. Like my Son bought me a very comical elephant, and another one which has beautiful words I will treasure them both, my Hub bought me one from India from the Taj Mahal made from marble and another also from India which is brass and it weighs a tone. I have Unicorns from a dear friend where I used to live and they in fact were hers, but she gave me them as she said her daughter won’t appreciate them as much as I will. I must say, she is old enough to be my Mum this friend, so I did worry at the time she thought she was going somewhere? Somewhere of no return. And my other ornaments about eight out of fifteen of my Beatrix potter figures, are from our loving friends from America. And back to the bear shelving, again some were bought for me from when my boy was a young child.

 

Talking of young child, well, he’s not so very young now, nineteen, but he is at the gym now after spending time in the town this morning getting his hair cut, well, cut? Gosh, there is none left. I told him not to get it so short as he will burn, but did he listen?

 

He has not packed yet, in fact he hasn’t done his washing, drying and ironing… He is working all day tomorrow from early till six. Then he will want feeding and last minute packing and then at midnight, he will leave. Hear my tears Bloggets. Gosh I hope I can be strong and be all happy for him? I’m just not wanting anything awful to happen to him. Ten whole days. His first boys holiday as last year, he was dictated by a witch and wasn’t allowed to go. Thank God she is out of his life. I’m sure he will enjoy himself but he likes to see sites and his friends like to drink all night and sleep all day… So not sure how things will work out. Most of his friends are really lovely lads, there is one kid who is a good guy, kind of, a little bit of a rogue, but hopefully he will stay clear of teen.  I just hope he has the best time. And on his return, he needs to buckle down and find a job. He isn’t enjoying this one. And twenty hours per week isn’t enough.

 

Now onto our Little Fella. Well, all night he was acting all sorry for himself. We gave him half an aspirin and bathed his foot again. Turned out he has torn a nail. Very late last night he got out of his bed and decided to play, but we calmed him down and this morning he is 90 per cent better, so looking OK. Really thought a vet call would be necessary today and if we had not have found that he had hurt his claw, then we still would have in case he had done damage we couldn’t see. But all OK, thank you all for your lovely words of concern. So Waggatail has her pal back today.

 

I guess I should continue with the house work as my cup is empty, well, wherever you are, I hope your cup is full. Smile. Some words just before I go.

“Never give up on something you can’t go one day without thinking about.” (Winston Churchill)

No comments: